Main Megamenu

• OTL Magazine
  • The Club

View: Megamenu Slideshow: The Club megamenu slideshow

News of the RA World

What's going on with the club?  This is the place to read about club activities and changes.

You could be here. BMW Riders Association at Petoskey, Michigan July 6,7 & 8

Start or Renew Your Club Membership!

Here's the information you need to join now or renew your Right Attitude membership.

Membership Has Its Benefits

And here are some of them for joining the RA, because the RA is looking for useful discounts and deals for its members.

Welcome to the Black Eagle Shop

Club members can visit the shop for RA "Right Attitude" wear and accessories.

Stay
  • RA Community

View: Megamenu Slideshow: The BMW RA Community megamenu slideshow

Rallies and Events

Plan out your riding season with this zoomable, scrollable and clickable map, along with a date order listing of upcoming Rallies and Events.

Local Chartered Clubs

The RA charters local clubs and provides their information here so you can find them

RA Regions Program

RA volunteers work to keep you informed about what's happening in your area of the world, with local events and news.

Classified Ads

Here's where RA Members can create classified ads to buy, sell or swap BMW Motorcycle related items.

The RA Forum - Where Riders Get Together

The forum is open to anyone.  Join in and express your opinions!

Selected BMW Links

Here are a set of useful links to relevant BMW websites.  We have them grouped into useful categories so you can find what you're looking for quickly: BMW Corporate pages, selected other Clubs, Racing info and, of course, Miscellaneous.

Stay
  • Forum
  • Contact Us

2012 Rally Announcement

150 posts / 0 new
Last post
manic mechanic
manic mechanic's picture

That's a start!

1976 R90/6, 2015 R1200GSA(W)

Rounder #6

Wisconsin Region Rep, MOA Ambassador

brianbmw

I'll be with BMWPhreak.

Brian

doggettbeemer

We welcome Angie Stevens and the Beautiful Wreck Friday night for our entertainment. Check out angiestevens.com

womanridge
womanridge's picture

I just got word that Andy Goldfine of Aerostich has donated a gift certificate for a Roadcrafter or Darian suit, to be given in a drawing to some lucky winner at Closing Ceremony. Now that sure sounds like an incentive. The rally is less than 2 months away. Be sure to register online here, for the lowest fee.

womanridge
womanridge's picture

It just keeps getting better. Jesse Luggage is giving away a set of Odtssey II luggage with mounts at closing Ceremony at The Copper Mountain Grand National Rally. Value-$1,280. Now that's very cool!

womanridge
womanridge's picture
Remember last year?

Last years RA Rally

kewlmoose
kewlmoose's picture

Can't wait, new tires on the RT!

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.

Frank Zappa

doggettbeemer

The latest issue of OTL has information on some of the different areas for riding. The rally is right around the corner. Don't forget to preregister to ensure your ticket for the Friday night dinner.

johnks
camping at the rally

Will tent rentals be available at Copper Mtn? If so, how do I reserve a tent?

johnks

WILL tent rentals be available at the rally?

womanridge
womanridge's picture

No, you will need to bring your own camping gear, unless you plan on booking a room at the resort.

womanridge
womanridge's picture

Here's one area of the resort.
womanridge
womanridge's picture

Here are a few views of camping areas.
doggettbeemer

We will be on rally time 5 weeks from tomorrow. Can you believe it? Pre-reg closes in 3 weeks.

Bob Ulrich
Bob Ulrich's picture
Shuttle Update?

Hey, Tina!

How about a refresh on how the shuttles will work. Where all will they run? I was asked if they will go to Breckenridge, but I couldn't remember. Dunno When will they run?

Thanks,
Bob

womanridge
womanridge's picture

Hi Bob,
Go to page 9 of this thread and look at Tina's posts from Feb 22 & 28. I think that answers all your questions.

doggettbeemer

The Summit Stage travels throughout Summit County FREE! The stage travels to Copper Mountain. This is so cool. Free tourist transportation.
Check out this site:
summitstage.com

5 weeks!

Bob Ulrich
Bob Ulrich's picture
Thanks!!

Thank you ladies!

Departing in approx. 4 weeks! I gotta start packing!

Bob

womanridge
womanridge's picture

Hi all. At Copper Mountain putting the fine details on the rally. Weather is spectacular. Only 23 days. Less than 2 weeks of pre-reg left. Now up to 33 vendors. Save your money to shop at the rally. Great time expected.

doggettbeemer

Want to hear all about the rally. Next Tuesday evening. sidestandup.com. We'll tell you the details.

manic mechanic
manic mechanic's picture

Just three weeks until the start of the RAlly! Looking for volunteers for Registration, Black Eagle Shop, and Security. Sign up now and avoid the rush!

1976 R90/6, 2015 R1200GSA(W)

Rounder #6

Wisconsin Region Rep, MOA Ambassador

doggettbeemer

Thank you Randy! Please look at the volunteer section and find a spot that fits into your timeframe. If you'd like to do a seminar at the rally, we will have projectors. Just plan on signing up when you get to the site. Do you want to talk about a great trip, your experiences with two up riding, traveling with a trailer, product reviews? Pick a time slot when you arrive.

We are having a bikers blessing on Saturday morning at 9 am courtesy of the Quiner family. They were gracious enough to have a service at Chippewa Falls last year.

Friday night, we are having a bike gathering at the Burning Stone area. Bring your bike and park it at Burning Stones Plaza. We will have a great time showing off our bikes and taking pictures that will last a lifetime.

Oh, by the way. Pre-reg ends two weeks from this coming Monday.

See you all there.

AZgman
AZgman's picture

Come on people! We need volunteers... The sign up sheets are looking pretty sparse! Even if you can only do 1 shift (like me), your participation will help. Plus, you will meet lots of great people!

'17 R1200GS

MOA 107139

RA 28511

doggettbeemer

BMWPhreak » wrote:
Come on people! We need volunteers... The sign up sheets are looking pretty sparse! Even if you can only do 1 shift (like me), your participation will help. Plus, you will meet lots of great people!

Thank you! We could use some help.

On another note this was sent to me. Just sharing.

"This
restaurant (Zokas) in Pine was recommended to me by a Colorado BMW rider who
goes there all the time. About 95 miles from Copper Mtn if you take the back
road (285). http://www.zokas.com/"

womanridge
womanridge's picture

Want to try your skill on a zip-line? After you've registered for the rally and visited the vendors, check out the new addition to the Copper Village!

womanridge
womanridge's picture

Did you know that Bill Conger from the BMW Performance Center Training Center will be in the outdoor vending area? They teach off road training. He'll be bringing some bikes and a display to the Rally. Yes, this Rally is in GS country. It just keeps getting better.

womanridge
womanridge's picture

Tomorrow, June 4th, is the last day to preregister and save $10. Operators are standing by...register online from our homepage.

womanridge
womanridge's picture

For Sale at the rally in Copper Mountain:
2000 F- 650 limited edition.It has been maintained to BMW's strict service record by Foothills BMW in Denver. It has just over 51000 miles and a clean Colorado title. The bike has factory hard bags, tank bag, Corbin custom seat, aftermarket exhaust, aftermarket windshield and all the original parts. $3500.00. Needs to go to a home that will ride it. Selling because I have a new baby. Going to be a few years. I'll have it at the rally, to see.

Thanks again,
TB

Tom Bailey
Base Operations Manager
TBailey@Coppercolorado.com
970-471-5499

Attachments: 
BMWGSRider

Are the wildfires that are in Colorado close to the location of the RA rally?

2006 BMW F650 GS

doggettbeemer

The wildfires are not at all close to the location.

Budman

Will there be vendors that will be selling rider to passenger com systems, such as teh Chatterbox? Thought Id wait till I got there and support one of the vendors.

Bud

womanridge
womanridge's picture

Yes, there will. One for sure is Dive N Ride, selling Autocom. Not sure what other vendors will be selling a system. And thanks for considering supporting our vendors. They do alot to support our rallies.

womanridge
womanridge's picture

Here's another view of the bike for sale at Copper next week

For Sale at the rally in Copper Mountain:
2000 F- 650 limited edition.It has been maintained to BMW's strict service record by Foothills BMW in Denver. It has just over 51000 miles and a clean Colorado title. The bike has factory hard bags, tank bag, Corbin custom seat, aftermarket exhaust, aftermarket windshield and all the original parts. $3500.00. Needs to go to a home that will ride it. Selling because I have a new baby. Going to be a few years.

Tom Bailey
Base Operations Manager
TBailey@Coppercolorado.com
970-471-5499

Attachments: 
doggettbeemer

Here's the weather for next week. Not too bad.

Weather Forecast - FRISCO, CO

TUES 6/12 partly cloudy 67/34
WED 6/13 mostly sunny 70/38
THUR 6/14 partly cloudy 71/40
FRI 6/15 partly cloudy 73/40
SAT 6/16 Sunny 73/39

Lisa_ST
Lisa_ST's picture

I'll be there!!! If you want to talk before next week, email me at lisa@divenrideadventures.com. I sell and install Autocom and other stuff. You can see what I sell on my website.

Lisa Malachowsky

Owner, Dive N Ride Adventures

lisa@divenrideadventures.com

http://www.DiveNRideAdventures.com

Lisa_ST
Lisa_ST's picture

Autocom and I will be putting in a door prize that's a new Super Pro Automatic system. A great incentive for one lucky winner!!!!

Lisa Malachowsky

Owner, Dive N Ride Adventures

lisa@divenrideadventures.com

http://www.DiveNRideAdventures.com

womanridge
womanridge's picture

Lisa_ST » wrote:
Autocom and I will be putting in a door prize that's a new Super Pro Automatic system. A great incentive for one lucky winner!!!!

Thank you Lisa! What a great offer. See you in a few days.
Karen

bmwkaren

I like those highs, not quite sure about those temps in the 30's!

John Lang

Trouble is, the "highs" last only one maybe two hours. Hope for sunshine to heat the clothing! Gonna be cool,chilly,cold... hope to not add
damp/wet to the affairs at that elevation.

Outback Ufo

IT has been the warmest spring on record here. It will be in the 30s at night... at Copper Mtn Resort probally in the high thirties. It has been hot during the days right now. I am at 6500 ft and it is hitting 80-90s during the peak around 2-3pm. The temps with a sunny day will start to climb fast around 9-10pm depending on where you are and how narrow of a valley you are in. The winds have some days picked up by mid-to late after afternoons... and other days it has been calm... The evenings will start to cool off for the night around 1-2 hrs after sunset (more or true twighlight)... at Copper it will cool a bit faster durning even since it sits at 9000ft but you can feel the thermals on the road as you ride back if you are riding in at dusk.

The highs will last from 10-11am to 4 pm depending on elevations. and think it is a nice dry heat and cool... very little humidity right now.

doggettbeemer

When I was there 2 weeks ago it was beautiful during the day. Gerbings jacket - check, silver eagle cooling vest-check, BMW summer riding pants-check, cool weather pants-check. We're out of here! See you all in a few days. Come on out with your happy faces.
Tina

kewlmoose
kewlmoose's picture

Packing up tonight & heading out early tomorrow! Gonna spend some time in Rocky Mountain national park before the rally. See you all there!

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.

Frank Zappa

BMWGSRider

How much is registration? I was not able to per-register. Thanks.

2006 BMW F650 GS

BMWGSRider

How is AT&T cell service there?

2006 BMW F650 GS

Outback Ufo

It is okay... It is either ATT or Verizon up here. Depends on who has what tower and where. There is a lot of pockets as you ride in and out of the tight valleys that dont get the best service. At Copper you should be fine since the I70 corridoor is very well lit up with cell towers.

doggettbeemer

If you haven't registered here's pricing at the rally.
RA member - $65
Non-Member - $75
But we have a great deal for you. Save $20. Become an RA member and get a great magazine. You'll get in the rally at the member prereg price.

doggettbeemer

Forgot to share. If you have been told you have to pay for showers, this is incorrect. We have 10 private rooms for showering. You will be given a towel. Each room will be monitored for cleanliness.

Bkrnrd

Any list of seminars yet?

Deans BMW

Will Guyan (OTL Editor) and I just returned from the rally. My first RA Rally. The meal served Sat evening was outstanding, many times better than any rally meal that I have ever had, I could not belive it. met a lot of friends that I have known since the early days of San Jose BMW. I have been going to rallys since attending the first MOA rally some 40 years ago. This was impressive big time, seemed like about 1,000 people showed up.

Tina, you were amazing.

Thanks and job well done.

Dean O
Show Low, Az.
Home of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
Founder-San Jose BMW

Pages

Join the BMW Riders Association