fbpx

why is this forum not actve

Home Forums General discussion Motorcycle Talk – General Topics why is this forum not actve

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    ZALAORAS DALE
    Spectator

When people speak in shortened English, and use obscure abbreviations (like “ADV”), I get extremely annoyed. When/if you want to communicate properly, you should never be using references without at least explaining what they mean, or are referring to. It is inconsiderate and rude. I see it happen all the time in forums. I am getting too old, and  curmudgeonly to tolerate “insider” talk. The OTL magazine also has baffling writers, who often have referenced subjects/people/ideas that do not compute.

SMITH FRANK
    Spectator

Just joined. Not surprised to see this topic.

facebook has taken over.  

OldBMWMaster
    Spectator

You are correct.  Facebook is immediate.  Every post pops up immediately.  You posted over 3 days ago and I am just now seeing it.

TREPANIER JERRY
    Spectator

It’s also very specific.  Other sites are more broad.  Facebook and others like it have many topics.  This just has one.  I started a web page where I work that is just motorcycle related as a place for people to post rides and other information, it gets sparodic traffic.  It’ll be busy, then not, then busy, etc.  Depends on what people are doing.  Just the way it is.  Few of us can be all motorcycles all the time, jobs, family, other stuff has to take precedence sometimes, I’m OK with that.  Web site traffic probably just reflects that.  Or maybe not, it’s just my guess…

Jerry

OldBMWMaster
    Spectator

10 people have read this.  Now one reply.

I read the BMWMOA forum and ADV rider.

MotoBoss
    Spectator

My thoughts exactly. Since I have joined I have been surprised how little this  forum is used. It’s like nobody gives a chiet! I am on ADV everyday and there are hundreds of new post. I know the number of members here is far less than the 300k on ADV but rarely is there one new post perday here.

I don’t get it. As a member I was loking for some like minded souls to have  conversations with, meet new riders and plan rides. It just doesn’t happen here.

Sad…………

Bud
    Spectator

Perhaps because the RA is for “BMW Riders”?

I joined last year and noticed the same so didn’t bother to return. But I renewed my membership today and saw this topic.

Why did I renew? Because of OTL. It’s a nice counterpoint to the Owners News and I love the pics. Lots of bikes I would never ride or buy, but I like to see them and read about them.

There are unlimited m/c forums.

BMWST, MOA and ADV are the three I look at the most often.

OldBMWMaster
    Spectator

I log in regularly to see if any news has been posted, to check on upcoming Rally information, and to see if I have any private messages.

If you are looking for BMW politics, check the MOA Forum.  If you are looking for folks who talk more about motorcycles than ride them, look on the ADV basement.  

Roy Jackson
    Spectator

My local club, the Yankee Beemers, have the same problem. More people use the clubs facebook page than the forum. I confess I too am on facebook more for both clubs. I go to the formun for offical club info only. It’s a sign of the times I guess.

JACOBS KAREN
    Spectator

You speak the truth Beemer-Me-Up. We see daily activity on our facebook page and istagram. And our website tends to be more for event and store activity. Don’t let that stop anyone from posting her tough. As a member, this is your website. We welcome the participation.

Rapid Dog
    Spectator

…I suspect for one reason this forum is very hard to navigate, worse than the MOA website.

Another reason is there’s ADVrider. Lessons to be learned here.

chewbacca
    Spectator

When I got my GS back in 2012 I joined both MOA and RA primarily for the magazines.  OTL was by far the better for me because it had more to do with bikes than social events.  I thought it was the same for the forums.  After about a three year abscense I came back to find this forum is practically dead.  I posted on the forum trying to get some information about GS tires specifically for the road.  There were 7 reads but on ADVrider I am at three pages and still going.  At least OTL is definitely worth it, if I ever get my subscription going again.

TrailRiderBruce
    Spectator

All the action is on ADV rider I guess but some of it is pretty low end.

Tod
    Spectator

I have the same question. Just read some threads, so interesting. People, where are you;)?

OldBMWMaster
    Spectator

Most people are out riding.  I just returned from Daytona and the BMWRA Mini Rally.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.