fbpx

Where will the 2011 Rally be held????

Home Forums BMWRA International Rally Info Previous years… 2011 Rally – Chippewa Falls, WI Where will the 2011 Rally be held????

This topic contains 16 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Dutch 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Jeff488
    Participant

Arkansas would be good. Great roads.

Jeff488
    Participant

Arkansas would be great. Outstanding roads there.

nplenzick
    Participant

Meanwhile over at the “other” BMW club we had our “first” walk thru of the Bloomsburg Fairgrounds this past Sunday for next years MOA National. To say that I’m impressed with the rally chairs, facility, and the locals would be an understatement. This is one national you really don’t want to miss and if the rally chairs can pull off what they want to do ( 80% chance it’s in the bag) you may want to leave your tents behind and plan on spending the week there and enjoy the surrounding area.
    Now back to the RA. There seems to be an interest in a fall rally over at the MOA forum. This could be an opportunity for the RA to pursue something of that nature. Personally I’m not in favor of a fall rally but if there’s enough interest I guess maybe it’s worth a try.
    I’m not sure how a rally in connection with Barbers Vintage days would work or even if Barber would allow it. I’ve attended the last two years, in 08 the weather was perfect and they got around 30K in attendance, last year the weather was not so good and they had a very small attendance. I just don’t see the place having enough of room to designate one area for a rally during this weekend plus I think it could very well diminish the RA rally somewhat.

BRIAN FISK
    Participant

I was at the Barber Rally. While it was a nice place there were two big flaws. The day to day cost for the site was very expensive. And the no beer sale on site also raised it ugly head .
    A fall rally might be nice, but it limits the amount of kids that can attend. If it is on the east side of the Mississippi River I’ll plan tp be there.
    Brian Fisk

Dutch
    Participant

Hey all: I’m sorry, but I don’t see why not having a beer tent would make for a less enjoyable rally. I will admit to being a tea totaler, but being a firefigher/first responder, I have seen more then my fair share of accidents caused by folks who spent too much time in one “beer tent” or the other.Some times I feel like some folks show up to rallies FOR the beer tent, rather then the friendships and riding. Just the opinion of an old fuddy-duddy…Vaya con Dios, Dutch

DON WILLIAMS
    Participant

I hope the RA planners don’t wait until next year to make an announcement. The best attended rallies, those that attract the most vendors and the best locations come with early announcements. A lot of people couldn’t attend this years rally because the announcement was so late. I hope it doesn’t happen again. I would like to go next year. Any ideas where we will go next year?

nplenzick
    Participant

I couldn’t agree more! This years rally should have drawn over 3K in attendees, especially since the MOA was on the west coast. The late announcement and the quality of the facility were big detractions to this years event in my opinion. If the RA couldn’t draw a large crowd this year it’s unlikely it will do so next year. I have to give the volunteers two thumbs up for pulling this off however if next years event isn’t announce at least by this fall this vendor will go else where .

Dan Wright
    Participant

As announced during the closing ceremony “The Rally will be east of the Mississippi”. The RA is considering locations in Wisconsin and northern Georgia.

nplenzick
    Participant

That certainly narrows it down.

Dutch
    Participant

Hey all: How about Elkhart lake the week-end of the super bike races? That would be cool!! Or maybe held in conjunction with the vintage days at Barber Motor sport park in the fall? Please,please, PLEASE don’t wait months and months to announce the location!! I really enjoy these rallies Vaya con Dios, Dutch

nplenzick
    Participant

Meanwhile over at the MOA there are many, many, postings about Bloomsburg, Pa. for next year. People are already making plans, booking rooms,etc. This has been going on since this past spring when they announced the location. Then again it seemed the common theme that I heard last week was ” what do you expect it’s the RA after all”.

KENNITH OSBORNE
    Participant

We had a rally at Barbers when it was new (and still incomplete). I would love to go back again in early fall and see how the finished product turned out.

tmcgee
    Participant

[QUOTE=nplenzick »]Meanwhile over at the MOA…[/QUOTE]

The thing I like about the RA is that it isn’t the MOA. 😉

nplenzick
    Participant

[QUOTE=osbornk »]We had a rally at Barbers when it was new (and still incomplete). I would love to go back again in early fall and see how the finished product turned out.[/QUOTE]

Words can’t describe the finish product at Barber. It’s motorcyclists Mecca!

Dutch
    Participant

Hey all; Amen to that!! Barber motor sports park IS one of the neatest place’s a biker can spend time at. Have been there several times for their vintage bike show, and can’t say enough about the place. sure would like to go their with a bunch of my fellow Beemer riders for a rally.( Hint, hint, hint…..) Ride safe, Vaya con Dios, Dutch

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.