fbpx

Where the heck is Bob Higdon?????

Home Forums General discussion OTL Magazine – News and Discussion Where the heck is Bob Higdon?????

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ZELIFF BOB
    Spectator

The server would not let me post a new Thread …but the loss of Higdon seem symbolic
    here is what I tried to post
    Comment on the June issue
    While change is necessary…it seems to have become stale already. OTL seems to RR1000 never ending ad. Over 20 pages in this issue. Quite a bit in previous issues alrady. I understand catering to a new younger audiance but the RR1000 montone is boring. In europe the F800 series seems to be developing a broader group of riders. How is it doing in the US? New riders, woment? How about some more on that…there are 4 models …
    The GS is the core of BMW sales and ofcouse riders… more on that, farkles tested, rides, etc
    Also the intel section has become empty. There used to be good stuff there, real intel not just BMW press releases, new models, management changes, etc.

Just my 2cents…and I am an old BMW rider so likely I’m the wrong demographic…but I do buy some type of bike every couple of years and have spent over $3k on accesories this year.

PaulBach
    Spectator

I did see an Higdon’s name in the Iron Butt magazine.

The two areas where BMW can compete in the US are in racing and in GS adventure.

And, if you are into any aspect of BMW especially antique airheads don’t miss the RA rally in Pownal, VT. There are five states and five mountain ranges within a 60 mile radius of Pownal.

Hope to see you there.

WILL GUYAN
    Spectator

He has advised us that he’s now riding a Honda (I think a Deauville?) and he’s no longer interested in writing for OTL. I saw he’s got a column in the Iron Butt magazine, and we all wish him well. He was asked to continue writing for OTL. Maybe he’ll submit something in the future. We’d love to see it!

ackgs
    Spectator

Well that is unfortunate I will miss his unigue take on the issues. Loved his articles. Just received my latest issue yesterday and I am not enthralled with all superbike all the time. Perhaps that is just me.

SHEPARD BROWN
    Spectator

Hey Counselor………where are ye???????? Been missin’ the great writin’ in OTL!!!!:biggrin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.