fbpx

Weatherproof portable CB

Home Forums General discussion Bike Gear and Farkles Weatherproof portable CB

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    BeemerArp
    Spectator

I don’t know of a waterproof CB. I have the Midland 75-822 which works very well with the proper antenna … Firestik FG2-648. I have it cliped to the side of my tankbag so when it rains i put the raincover on and slip my hand underneath to make adjustments.

Kenny Gadley
    Spectator

[QUOTE=patrick1moon »]I was wondering about a weatherproof/waterproof portable CB. Does anyone have any experiance on them and what would make a good choice. I want to mount it to my accessory shelf on my R12RT. This way I can talk with my Wife on her new Wing. We were using FRS’s but I would rather use the CB option. I have seen other bikes with hand helds attached and wanted to get some opinions.

I know that J&M makes a nice model but I don’t know If I want to pay that much for all the extra stuff needed. I already have an IMC motocom unit I use for intercom/MP3/Audio/Bike2Bike. So I already have a head set (Although the IMC Headset isn’t the best).

I have been looking at the Midland 75-822 hand held unit. This unit looks nice but I wonder about if it rains. Is it water resistant like my FRS radio was.

Ok thanks for the help.[/QUOTE]

I have three J&M CB’s on my three bikes. a really good unit and its water proof. mine are mounted, but they make a portable. you can deal with J&M directly, or go to Cycle Gadgets.com

patrick1moon
    Spectator

I was wondering about a weatherproof/waterproof portable CB. Does anyone have any experiance on them and what would make a good choice. I want to mount it to my accessory shelf on my R12RT. This way I can talk with my Wife on her new Wing. We were using FRS’s but I would rather use the CB option. I have seen other bikes with hand helds attached and wanted to get some opinions.

I know that J&M makes a nice model but I don’t know If I want to pay that much for all the extra stuff needed. I already have an IMC motocom unit I use for intercom/MP3/Audio/Bike2Bike. So I already have a head set (Although the IMC Headset isn’t the best).

I have been looking at the Midland 75-822 hand held unit. This unit looks nice but I wonder about if it rains. Is it water resistant like my FRS radio was.

Ok thanks for the help.

CTYankee
    Spectator

[QUOTE=patrick1moon »]I… I already have an IMC motocom unit I use for intercom/MP3/Audio/Bike2Bike. So I already have a head set (Although the IMC Headset isn’t the best). Ok thanks for the help.[/QUOTE]

I’ve had a lot of luck with my FRS/GMRS setup on Starcomm. Connect routinely with friends that are running on Autocom/Starcom – whatever. Sorry, no experience with CBs…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.