Vermont floating bridge in Brookfield

Home Forums BMWRA International Rally Info Previous years… 2010 Rally – Pownal, VT Vermont floating bridge in Brookfield

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Richard & Carolyn 9 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

CT-RT
    Participant

I did what you did, Google it and there is nothing.
    I emailed the Chamber and will let you know if they respond.

CT-RT
    Participant

I would suspect that a little water wouldn’t stop the GS riders.

From the Chamber:

Good Morning John,
    The floating bridge is not open to vehicular traffic at this time. It is still in place and is open to pedestrian traffic. It’s also a great place to fish and swim.
    Thank you for contacting us!

Leah
    CV Chamber

ZELIFF BOB
    Participant

I was there this morning (July 4th) the Bridge is closed for repairs. I talked to a resident of Brookfield as was told the bridge is not likely to reopen this year…funding problems.
    Sorry it is a neat ride

Richard & Carolyn
    Participant

Yes , we beleive that it is open for this summer !!. Carolyn & I took a ride to Bennington, VT two weeks ago and asked the locals about the bridge. We were told that it is operating this summer and that there is also the “only Covered Bridge Museum anywhere” close by as well.

SMITH ROBERT
    Participant

Does anyone know if the floating bridge in Brookfield, VT is open for traffic again? About the only thing that I can find on the web is that it was closed the vehicle traffic in 2008. I can’t find if it was ever re-opened.

For those of you who don’t know what the floating bridge is try this link.

[url]http://www.roadsideamerica.com/blog/floating-bridge-sunk/[/url]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.