turn signal canceling

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  dpryan 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

moondog
    Participant

After 4 years of owning my 1996 K1100RS I discover the bike has automatic signal canceling! I remember someone mentioned that it had it but I never saw it until now. I guess I was not giving it enough time. Is it just timed in the flasher box or tied to some other curcuit? Can the time be changed?

AntonLargiader
    Participant

Sorry to let this one slip. Not programmable. It cancels after a certain time AND distance are both covered. That’s a simlification, but essentially true. At high speeds it stays on for a certain time no matter how much distance, and at low speeds it stays on for a certain distance no matter how long it takes to cover it.

dpryan
    Participant

Interesting…. I’m only in my 4th month of K75 ownership and I’ve noticed my turn signals seeming to self-cancel now and then….. but haven’t picked up on a discernible pattern. I’ll have to pay more attention!

The design of the turn signals is a bit awkward compared to my Concours, but we won’t go there… :rolleyes:

moondog
    Participant

give yourself a pat on the back. it took me four years…duh!:)

dpryan
    Participant

Decided to leave them alone on this morning’s commute, and what do you know? They cancel! Learn something every day…….:D

One of these times, I’ll tell you my “how I learned the sidestand retracts when you engage the clutch” story….. 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.