fbpx

Trip Report-ROUTE 66 (the hard way) AND BEYOND

Home Forums General discussion Ride Reports and Event Planning Trip Report-ROUTE 66 (the hard way) AND BEYOND

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    BeemerBob
    Spectator

I recently completed a 5,000 mile trip from Central Texas to LA via Rt. 66 and several other interesting places on the way back. Last year I had done the eastern side of Rt. 66 from Illinois thru Oklahoma on a Harley Road King. One of the purposes of this trip was to finish that route.

This year the trip was done on a BMW R1200GS that has off-pavement capabilities (far more capabilities then this rider). About half of this solo trip was camping the other half was moteling at some very unique places. To do this route, I had made my best effort to stay as true to the Old Rt. 66 at possible. This included the old Pre-1937 routes that are now just trails and dirt/gravel roads.

After reaching the end at Santa Monica Pier, I then went up to Big Sur via the Pacific Coast Hwy. From Big Sur, I traveled thru Yosemite National Park and then down to Death Valley. On my way home I also visited The Hopi Indian reservations and rode the famous Devil’s Hwy (Rt. 666) in Arizona. And many palaces in between

This trip includes about 475 still photos and videos.

I truly think you will find the following trip report very interesting

This was all put together on MySpace and as yet, I have not figured out how to transfer that work over to this forum. So please go to this blog to view my trip report.

NOTE: MySpace has a limit to the number of posts it can display at a time.

So…. When it stops, make sure to select the ‘OLDER POSTS’ to resume the trip report.

Hope you enjoy this report

[url]http://blogs.myspace.com/BeemerBob[/url]

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.