The 2018 Rally Location

Home Forums General discussion Ride Reports and Event Planning The 2018 Rally Location

This topic contains 19 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  OldBMWMaster 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

txtinman
    Participant

I wanted to go this year. I really like the RA rallies. Saving my pennies for a trip to Australia in December so I decided to stay home this year. Might make next year’s though.

WILLIAM SPURGEON
    Participant

[quote=womanridge]

We are still considering the 2018 location but It’s looking like east of the Missisippi.

I’m sorry we didn’t get to visit with you in Petoskey. The site, weather and friendship were great.

Karen Jacobs

Vice President

BMW Riders Association

[/quote]

Why not West of the Mississippi?  I really liked the Rally when it was in Boise, ID

Bill

GERARD GATINEAU
    Participant

Yes, West of the Mississippi would be great!

OldBMWMaster
    Participant

[quote=AZgman]

[/quote]

Not many folks showed up for the Rally in California.  Can’t get more West than that.  Did ypu have a site in mind?

WILLIAM SPURGEON
    Participant

[quote=OldBMWMaster]

AZgman wrote:

Not many folks showed up for the Rally in California.  Can’t get more West than that.  Did ypu have a site in mind?

[/quote]

I went to the Rally in Boise. ID and it was great.  I don’t know if RA can go back there but it is west and a great place to ride.  Granted, there is a larger population East of the Mississippi but!  Just a thought.

Bill

dhoemann
    Participant

When do you think we might know? Trying to make plans for next year.

Darrell

womanridge

I can tell you that it’s tentatively planned for July 19-21 but the contract is not signed yet. I hope we can announce in the next few weeks.

JTElkChaser
    Participant

We wait with anticipation!

Jerry

WILLIAM SPURGEON
    Participant

[quote=womanridge]

I can tell you that it’s tentatively planned for July 19-21 but the contract is not signed yet. I hope we can announce in the next few weeks.

[/quote]

Well, it has been a few weeks.  Is there any info as to where the 2018 Rally will be?

Bill

womanridge

Tioga County Fairgrounds-Wellsboro, PA

July 19, 20 & 21

Beautiful Roads!!!!

Watch this page for pre-reg opening.

MICHAEL TRUEL
    Participant

well I see that we will endure another year of July Nationals!   If memory serves, we at one time had the RA rally in September.   I never let school dates dictate when or where I would go so I am at a loss to why this Summer stuff continues.  Does anyone know?  I think we could work around fairground schedules so what is the thinking here??

mewayb
    Participant

I myself thought the Rally in Harrison AR was pretty damn skippy as far as riding and weather… As far as school dates making a difference… I don’t believe the majority of attendees to the rally are bringing kids or even have school aged kids so I cannot see where school dates should make a difference in deciding rally dates… but I am in agreement with many others… July dates suck. Nothing like enduring high 90’s and low 100’s peak temps while camping in a fairground field with little to no shade.

STEPHEN GOMEZ
    Participant

Almost in my backyard, very nice riding in that area. My wife and I are in!

RANDY BORIS
    Participant

Some nice riding in that area.  Corning glass museum is just a bit north of there, along with the Glenn Curtiss museum.  I’ve already been scoping out routes from Iowa to Wellsboro.  Who will be the rally chair?

Street Skills Jon
    Participant

Any 4-hour ride in any direction away from Wellsboro is fantastic.  Pa. is amazing.  

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.