fbpx

This topic contains 22 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  PaulZ 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

PENNING DARRELL
    Participant

Can we find someone that do an actual rear end rebuild on one of the GS models? Should include shims and all bearings. Would be nice if there was a hand out to follow during the demonstation.

ANTON LARGIADER
    Participant

Takes too long to actually do one from the beginning, and too much stuff is needed (work stand, oven, etc.), but I can probably have a cutaway available.

Keep the ideas coming.

GATINEAU GERARD
    Participant

A Canbus tutorial would be great

How about a fuse block installation session as well?

Roy Jackson
    Participant

[QUOTE=BMWPhreak »]A Canbus tutorial would be great

How about a fuse block installation session as well?[/QUOTE]

+++1 😎

ANTON LARGIADER
    Participant

I think that’s a GREAT idea! There are several different products out now, some good, some not so good. I can think of at least four off the top of my head.

Maybe where to source good quality components for interconnecting things, how to run the wires and so forth. Thanks!

And keep them coming… we don’t have to limit ourselves to one.

PaulZ
    Participant

Hey Anton,
    I wish this would have occurred to me many months ago when you were looking for ideas, but here goes anyway …

Being a new owner, as I was washing my bike today in preparation for the ride to the rally tomorrow, I was pondering all the adjustments (suspension, foot pegs, shifter, seat, and other modifications that would help the bike fit the rider) that a new owner should make so that the rider fits the bike (or the bike fits the rider), and thought this might be a good seminar topic.

The rider and bike could be examined, and adjustments made on the spot where possible, or recommendations made if equipment is required.

Possibly too fundamental for a rally, but just a thought.

-Paul Z

TIMOTHY BARD
    Participant

This isn’t motorcycle tech but I was just thinking a few days ago that I would like a session on GPS systems. I have a Tom Tom which is fairly intuitive to use but just got a Garmin Vista HCX which is way more complicated. This might be a subject that some other beemer riders would like.

JACOBS KAREN

[QUOTE=beemerphile1 »]This isn’t motorcycle tech but I was just thinking a few days ago that I would like a session on GPS systems. I have a Tom Tom which is fairly intuitive to use but just got a Garmin Vista HCX which is way more complicated. This might be a subject that some other beemer riders would like.[/QUOTE]

+1 on a GPS seminar. They were supposed to do one at The VB II Rally, but it was more of a sales pitch rather than a “How To” demonstration. Many of us wanted to learn “How to use it”. Street Pilot, Zumo, etc>

PRETZL ANDREW
    Participant

[QUOTE=womanridge »]+1 on a GPS seminar. They were supposed to do one at The VB II Rally, but it was more of a sales pitch rather than a “How To” demonstration. Many of us wanted to learn “How to use it”. Street Pilot, Zumo, etc>[/QUOTE]

+1 more – we hustled to get to the VBR GPS seminar and people in the audience knew more about the Zumo than the sales guy giving the presentation! 😡

PRETZL ANDREW
    Participant

How about a session on emergency roadside repairs like plugging a tire?

JACOBS KAREN

[QUOTE=kewlmoose »]How about a session on emergency roadside repairs like plugging a tire?[/QUOTE]

+1 on that as well! A great idea. And such a basic one too. Thanks.
    Helen

Roy Jackson
    Participant

[QUOTE=kewlmoose »]How about a session on emergency roadside repairs like plugging a tire?[/QUOTE]

That would be a good one. The local club I belong did one of these at a monthly meeting a few months ago. He brought in a tyre on a rim, were we tried several methords of plugging and inflating. note: a small pump that runs off of the BMW socket works best. IMHO anyways. 😎

JACOBS KAREN

[QUOTE=Beemer-me-up »]That would be a good one. The local club I belong did one of these at a monthly meeting a few months ago. He brought in a tyre on a rim, were we tried several methords of plugging and inflating. note: a small pump that runs off of the BMW socket works best. IMHO anyways. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Yes, I agree on the pump. I bought one at the VBRII last year. Met up with a rider out in Oregon two weeks later and was able to assist him with his flat tire with the pump.
    I’ll bring it to the seminar, if we have one.

ANTON LARGIADER
    Participant

I’m looking for ideas on a tech seminar or two. Sure, we can always do the Q&A session. People don’t seem to ever get enough of that, and it is useful. However, I’d like to also do something specific. It could involve a display of some sort if I had enough time.

Charging systems
    Drivetrain stuff
    Fuel management
    Accessory wiring
    Servo brakes

What would [B]YOU[/B] be interested in?

HANK ROWLAND
    Participant

How about trouble shooting/servicing/maintaining/repairing ABS systems?[COLOR=”black”][/COLOR]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.