fbpx

switched wire 09 RT

Home Forums General discussion Bike Gear and Farkles switched wire 09 RT

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  GULLO ED 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

davagail
    Participant

Looking for switched wire to power easternbeaver 3 fuse setup? Hopefully someone can enlighten newbie!! Thanks in advance

marchyman
    Participant

The parking lamp is a common choice for triggering an external relay. On my GS I used the headlamp lead as my trigger as it doesn’t come on until after the bike is started. Not sure if the RT works the same way.

ANTON LARGIADER
    Participant

On an earlier R1200RT (2006 I think) I used the low beam. That way it didn’t turn on until the engine was running.

Hotspice
    Participant

[QUOTE=marchyman »]The parking lamp is a common choice for triggering an external relay. On my GS I used the headlamp lead as my trigger as it doesn’t come on until after the bike is started. Not sure if the RT works the same way.[/QUOTE]

+1 for the parking lamp if you want it to power up once you turn the key to the on position.

davagail
    Participant

Thanks guys I went with rear accessory plug

GULLO ED
    Participant

The rear accessory plug is what I used for my top case Admore lighting.

The only thing about the plug power is that it stays on for about a minute after the key is turned off.
    I was going to maybe use the rear seat power…have yet to figure out which wire is the +12v Switched on the plug that is attached to the frame of the bike.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.