fbpx

Spuds, Suds, Ice Cream

Home Forums BMWRA International Rally Info Previous years… 2006 Rally Spuds, Suds, Ice Cream

This topic contains 26 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  GREGORY FEELER 13 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

JAMES KNICKERBOCKER
    Participant

Well some things have changed and it looks like I will not be doing the Tour. I’ll probably only be able to make the MOA rally in VT. I’ll keep on checking in on this forum though to keep up with those of you who will be makin’ it. I had already pre registered for Boise and had signed up for the dinner so someone can have my spot there.
    Good luck to all.
    Knick

Blut&Eisen
    Participant

Leaving Lancaster, PA on or about July 2. First leg will attempt the SS1000.
    Route will take me from Iowa up to Jackson, WY; then over to Boise. Plan only one or two days at the rally then meander on down to CO. From CO, bee line to VT – gotta get across the boring Central States as fast as I can!! See you on the road, or maybe partner up.

Joe Petty
    Participant

Boy the time flies!

Went out and got a road atlas today and started making some calculations.

I’ll leave around the 1st and spend a day visiting my Mother in Gainesville, Fl.
    That leaves around 2500 mi. to Boise, which should make for 4 travel days at 6-7 hundred per day.

Working backwards, that sets “Last night out” around Rawlings Wy. to get to the Friday night dinner.
    So for a first cut: Gainesville, Chattanooga, Kansas City, Rawlings then Boise

More later…

Joe

ANTON LARGIADER
    Participant

Yeah, no joke. June already?

We’re heading out of here the Friday before and spending a few days in Colorado first. Then we’ll take a scenic route to Boise.

Joe Petty
    Participant

On closer inspection…

Looks like Flaming Gorge NP area on the Utah/Wyoming border might be a nice place to stop on Thursday.
    I just sent off for the free brochure from the Utah travel service.
    Need to see what the situation is, since camps will be at capacity with the Holiday!

That leaves around 500 mi. into Boise on Friday.

Kind of in a hurry going west, but should have lots of time for sightseeing on the Boise-Paonia leg.

MJStone
    Participant

I’ll be leaving North East, MD on the 29th and spending the 4th holiday in Denver. I’ll then take a round about route to Boise.

MJStone

Joe Petty
    Participant

Well, I ended up here in Moline Ill. for today (4th).

Doing a little light touring by the River today, sightseeing in Iowa, then heading West at 4AM

Joe

JAMES KNICKERBOCKER
    Participant

Keep up the dialogue since I can’t make till the MOA your posts are appreciated

Joe Petty
    Participant

Back home after 28 days and 10824 miles on the K1!

Really an eye-opener for a Florida guy and just made me realize some of the places I want to make time to visit before I get much older.
    Visited a lot of old friends along ther way, and met a bunch of people who were up to the challenge of the Peaks tour.

Thanks to Greg for putting this together and doing an excellent job in Idaho to boot!

Joe

Anonymous

Where you get it???

GREGORY FEELER
    Participant

[QUOTE=Joe Petty]Back home after 28 days and 10824 miles on the K1!

Really an eye-opener for a Florida guy and just made me realize some of the places I want to make time to visit before I get much older.
    Visited a lot of old friends along ther way, and met a bunch of people who were up to the challenge of the Peaks tour.

Thanks to Greg for putting this together and doing an excellent job in Idaho to boot!

Joe[/quote]
    I’m just stating to get caught up on things, so sorry about the long delay in my reply. I’m really glad you had a great ride, and it was especially nice to see another K1 at the RA Rally! Unfortunatly, my K1 “Tron” doesn’t get to make much more than weekend rides, so to see someone like you go the distance on your bike is really inspiring.

Come back out west any time you want, we have a lot more roads you didn’t see – but would like to! 😀

JAMES KNICKERBOCKER
    Participant

Lets make this a thread to enlist the riders that want to do the Peaks of America Tour.
    I plan on leaving the St. Ptersburg area on or about July 1 to start my trip to Idaho.
    When and where is eveyone else starting from?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.