Spuds, Suds, Ice Cream

Home Forums BMWRA International Rally Info Previous years… 2006 Rally Spuds, Suds, Ice Cream

This topic contains 26 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  GregFeeler 12 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

X-Troller
    Participant

Lets make this a thread to enlist the riders that want to do the Peaks of America Tour.
    I plan on leaving the St. Ptersburg area on or about July 1 to start my trip to Idaho.
    When and where is eveyone else starting from?

GregFeeler
    Participant

[QUOTE=X-Troller]Lets make this a thread to enlist the riders that want to do the Peaks of America Tour.
    I plan on leaving the St. Ptersburg area on or about July 1 to start my trip to Idaho.
    When and where is eveyone else starting from?[/QUOTE]

That’s a great thread title for the POA Tour. Traffic has been slow here, but hopefully will pickup as we get closer to the rally. Unfortunatly, I’m not going to be able to make all three events (just Boise & Vermont), but it will be great to see a lot of others do it. 😀

Anonymous

I’m in. Leaving New York July 2nd.

GregFeeler
    Participant

[QUOTE=Recht]I’m in. Leaving New York July 2nd.[/QUOTE]

I think you’ll have a fair amont of company. I keep hearing more and more about folks planning on making the POA Tour! Sure wish I could go. 🙁

Boxer
    Participant

Looks like I may be doing it. Just got permission from the spouse! Whoo Hoo!
    Tentatively I would leave Atlanta on Monday the 3rd.

This is gonna be one fun ride. I almost made it to Paonia two years ago when I rode out to Spokane and went through Colorado that week before. Ended staying with a nephew in Ouray for that weekend. This’ll be the first RA Rally for me.

GregFeeler
    Participant

[QUOTE=Boxer]Looks like I may be doing it. Just got permission from the spouse! Whoo Hoo!
    Tentatively I would leave Atlanta on Monday the 3rd.

This is gonna be one fun ride. I almost made it to Paonia two years ago when I rode out to Spokane and went through Colorado that week before. Ended staying with a nephew in Ouray for that weekend. This’ll be the first RA Rally for me.[/QUOTE]

I think you’re going to have a heck of a good time! We’re working on a great rally in Boise, and I know Paonia is always good, as is the ‘MOA rally. To say “working on Boise” is the literal truth. It’s a perfect spring day here: 75, clear, light breeze – perfect day for a ride, but I’m at the keyboard puting pieces together. 🙁 All for a good cause, though.

robdogg
    Participant

me and a friend will be riding in from Seattle for the Boise rally then down to Colorado for a week of riding and the Top o the Rockies rally; gotta head home after that. If the MOA rally wern’t half a continent away; then a full continent back home, we’d have loved to hit the triple crown

GregFeeler
    Participant

[QUOTE=robdogg]me and a friend will be riding in from Seattle for the Boise rally then down to Colorado for a week of riding and the Top o the Rockies rally; gotta head home after that. If the MOA rally wern’t half a continent away; then a full continent back home, we’d have loved to hit the triple crown[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but you’re still going to have a great time riding some of the greatest motorcycle roads in North America. 😀 We’ll be selling Peaks Of America Tour t-shirts if that would make you feel any better. 😉

robdogg
    Participant

so instead of three peaks, would that be twin peaks?

GregFeeler
    Participant

[QUOTE=robdogg]so instead of three peaks, would that be twin peaks?[/QUOTE]

Where’s my SEG emotocon when I need ’em? 😎

Joe Petty
    Participant

I am planning on the Peaks tour, leaving from Boca Raton, Fl on ’93 K1 around July 1
    Where is a good place to do July 4th?
    Let’s ride!!!

GregFeeler
    Participant

[QUOTE=Joe Petty]I am planning on the Peaks tour, leaving from Boca Raton, Fl on ’93 K1 around July 1
    Where is a good place to do July 4th?
    Let’s ride!!![/QUOTE]

Where do you think you’ll be about then? (IOW, when do you plan on getting to Boise?) I spent the 4th one time in a small town in Nebraska while on a ride – it was very weird. :rolleyes:

X-Troller
    Participant

Last year I spent the 4th in Durango Co. on the way out to Laguna Seca. It was a fun town. I’ll probably stop there again next month on my way to the AMA races in Utah.

John Brase
    Participant

Last 4th of July I rode two lane “blue highways” through W. VA and Ohio. Nearly every small town had streets blocked off for a parade or some other festivity. If you do something like that, plan a little extra time.

John

Joe Petty
    Participant

Just thinking about the 4th
    – Rather not be on the road with all the “celebrants” out driving
    – Really like to be in a real Mid-American town drinking real cold beer

Weather will play into this, since I haven’t decided on a cross country route yet; want to avoid bad weather and try to find a cool and scenic route.

At any rate, it’s too early to solidify a plan, but not too early to start thinking!

Let’s get a good rendevous point for the 4th, and a few candidates for overnight towns on the way across, and any who want to join up for the ride out can.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.