Someone moved my bike!!!!!!!!

Home Forums General discussion Motorcycle Talk – General Topics Someone moved my bike!!!!!!!!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  ANTON LARGIADER 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

moondog
    Participant

Maybe this will get this site all fired up. It worked on me.
    Thanks to MOA member “lamble”

[url]http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm…oters30m0.html[/url]

If this is the norm, it’s bloody outrageous

——————————————————————————–

Serious for a moment. Is this the norm, that anyone can move your bike from a parking space, so a car can park in it?

That’s bloody outrageous!!!

Some fat toss pot in an oversized SUV can move my bike that my wife and I have ridden, just so his lazy arse can have the space for himself, or herself for that matter, and they don’t have to be fat, lazy, or have any other traits or vehicle type really, that’s just stereotyping because of annoyance.

Who came up with this law? Is it just WA, or do you have it too?

Why does it take a vote, it’s obvious that no one should be allowed to move my bike from a spot I’ve paid for or chosen legally.

Now I’m in need of tea, my wrath is up and my ire is boiling.

Tues. 7/29/08 at 1:00pm at City Hall

City Council is voting on whether
    to pass a law to make it illegal to move scooters or motorcycles out
    of its parking spot so a car can fit in. They would like some of us
    to show up and talk about our experiences of having our scooters and
    motorcycles moved and the trouble it has caused ie. parking tickets,
    knocked over scoots and bikes…

This is important because it is not illegal to move your scooter or
    motorcycle from its parking space now. Anyone can move it and not get
    in trouble. Please let me know if you can make it so I can let them know
    that we
    have some representation going to the meeting.

When: Tues 7/29/08 1:00pm
    Where: Council Chambers 2nd floor city hall
    600 Fourth Ave
    Seattle

You can tell it from my accent when I prattle-I’m an Englishman near Seattle

[SIZE=”5″][COLOR=”Red”]And then this is my rant…[/COLOR][/SIZE]

——————————————————————————–

Quote from redflco on page 1
    “In reality? I think this whole conversation is hypothetical. Nobody in their right mind is going to drag my bike, or any bike anywhere for a parking space. Please tell me no one is that stupid to risk the bodily harm that coiuld result in such a foolish act!?”

Hey Red, it happened to me. Read on!

Wow,talking about hitting the spot. Just today I was think about where I use to work in Portland Maine. I had just bought my first BMW, used. I drove it to work, parked in a parking spot and later on my Chief Inspector came to me and said that he had moved my bike so that someone else could have a parking spot. I was livid. I laid in to him and said how dare you touch my bike, let alone move it!!!!! I read him the riot act.
    His response was that I shouldn’t take up a full spot with a motorcycle. I said to him, even if there was a law that said I can’t park there or for what ever reason I can’t park there, DON’T YOU DARE TOUCH MY BIKE AGAIN !!!!!. You come and find me. If it is a valid reason I’ll move it. Until that time, HANDS OFF!!!!!
    It still boils my blood to this day. And this happened 2-3 years ago. Would he touch a car if it was not parked properly? Of course not. If he dropped that bike oh boy would there have been hell to pay

OK I have vented enough. guess I needed to get that out. thanks for the topic. I feel better, how about you?

[COLOR=”Red”]Many thanks to authors for their donation and for the 30 point spike in my blood pressure[/COLOR]

dpryan
    Participant

Yep, that would get the ol’ blood boiling for sure. Unfortunately, I’m not surprised that there are people out there who would feel “entitled” to move a bike to give themselves a closer parking spot.

I’m lucky enough to have 3 ‘Motorcycle Parking Only’ spots in the front of the common garage in the complex where I work.

Only once in 3 years have I seen a car parking in one of those spots. I ride in enough in the winter months so that, even then, the cars leave them alone.

Dutch
    Participant

Hey all; I am fortunate enough to live in what is commonly thought of as a “tourist trap. It’s right on Lake Michigan and filled with “fudgies” from Memorial day through Labor day. These folks are not only snobs, but … how can I say this… Dumber then a bag of rocks sometimes. I was in town yesterday and had just parked my bike when some smuck from Ohio asked me if I could find someplace else to park my Beemer, as he was having problems finding a spot that his Hummer would fit in. I said sure, all he had to do was turn around and bend over…I didn’t wait for a reply, but he ws gone when I got back to the bike. Move MY bike? Really bad idea!!! Vaya con Dios, Dutch

ANTON LARGIADER
    Participant

I couldn’t read the article, but what you quoted doesn’t really illustrate the problem. Is the claim that the bikes were not parked legally, and have less of a right to the parking spot? I have no idea what the justification for that would be.

Where are people putting the motorcycles and scooters that they remove from the parking spaces?

KENNETH KRUMM
    Participant

I personally don’t know how they can legally move a motorcycle, whether in a legal or illegal parking spot. This is the responsibility of law enforcement, and not some rent-a-cop.

If this is a issue with a company, then the company should provide a motorcycle only parking area. Otherwise, a motorcycle as every right to the same parking spot used by a car.

moondog
    Participant

[QUOTE=AntonLargiader »]I couldn’t read the article, but what you quoted doesn’t really illustrate the problem. Is the claim that the bikes were not parked legally, and have less of a right to the parking spot? I have no idea what the justification for that would be.

Where are people putting the motorcycles and scooters that they remove from the parking spaces?[/QUOTE]

Here is the original article
    [url]http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2008080677_scooters30m0.html[/url]
    And then here is the council’s action.
    [url]http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2008091202_webscooters05m.html[/url]

Moving a scooter is easier then moving a full size bike but I am living proof of the fact that people will move the bike if enough hands are there to help. I own a K-bike and if my A**hole chief inspector had dropped my bike there would have been hell to pay.

ANTON LARGIADER
    Participant

Anyone else had this happen to them? I haven’t heard of this being a problem anywhere before this thread. Not saying it hasn’t happened, but that it doesn’t seem to be at all common.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.