San Francisco Bay Area to Asheville?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  reitbmw 12 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

reitbmw
    Participant

[QUOTE=reitbmw »]Thanks for replying…I will see you at the rally. My bike is the black 95′ GS with the California license plate REIT BMW.

Rick[/QUOTE]

I will be departing in several hours…the weather looks really bad along I40 across the Plains…

Rick

reitbmw
    Participant

Hi,

Looking to accompany a group departing the San Francisco Bay Area for the Asheville, NC Rally.

I live in Morgan Hill, CA…about 15 miles south of San Jose, CA

Thanks,

Rick

tbone
    Participant

Rick – I am planning on leaving early on Sat June 2nd. Depending on when you are planning on leaving we could possibly ride together.

I am planning on getting there is 3 to 3.5 days. I will be meeeitng my Brothers at the “Blue Ridge Motorcycle Cqamp Resort” by Monday night or Tuesday. First two days – 1000 miles each – if the weather cooperates. Figure I will be riding on adrenilin and the challenge of getting there in short order.

If interested in possibly riding even for part of the ride, let me know and we can figure things out.

Tom

reitbmw
    Participant

Tom,

Thanks for the reply…I was afraid nobody from the SF Bay Area was going to attend the rally. Last year’s Boise Rally was my first. I was surprised to see so few attendees from California and more surprised to see so many from elsewhere.

My wife was reluctant to let me go unless I found somebody for at least part of the trip…this is my first transcontinental ride. I have never traveled 1000 miles in one day…Morgan Hill to Boise was my longest to date.

The best time to call me is after 7pm on my cellphone 408 375-2378.

I met many informative, helpful, and good people at last year’s rally and regret not writing down names and contact information…I hope to see them again this year.

Rick

reitbmw
    Participant

Hi,

[url]http://www.weatherquests.com/travel/[/url]

choose your interstate

I selected Interstate 40

[url]http://www.weatherquests.com/travel/driving/interstates/route/40[/url]

The website shows many of the cities along the way and the weather for each.

Enjoy,

Rick

07GSA
    Participant

Rick,

I’m heading to ID/OR/WA a few days after the rally. Maybe we’ll catch up on the road…

reitbmw
    Participant

[QUOTE=07GSA »]Rick,

I’m heading to ID/OR/WA a few days after the rally. Maybe we’ll catch up on the road…[/QUOTE]

Thanks for replying…I will see you at the rally. My bike is the black 95′ GS with the California license plate REIT BMW.

Rick

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.