fbpx
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ron_Ces
    Spectator

I am heading up as well. Look at Rt. 32 N along the PA side of the Delaware river. Cross over at Frenchtown, NJ and take 519 or 521 to the top of NJ. A great ride. When are you leaving? I may run into you.
    Ron

PETER EGAN
    Spectator

I’m going to leave Carlisle Pa early on the 27th and head toward Easton and 209 north. I used to run the River Road south from Easton so I know you are not very far in Frenchtown.
    Were you thinking about going up entirely on the east side of the Delaware, are the roads better or worse on the Pa side?
    peter

Kevin_K
    Spectator

FWIW, I’m heading up from York, Pa Tuesday PM. Will probably work my way NE to 209, crossing the Hudson at Kingston or Catskill. If you are heading that way, there is a great dealership in Port Clinton (Rt. 61N just off of I-78 west of Allentown) that is worth stopping at.

I’ve heard that Rt. 97 NW out of Port Jervis is a great ride. Then 10 and 17, 30 and 23A through to Catskill. I’m pretty sure that Paul posted that route in one of the other threads for the rally. Woodstock is a nice stop if going that way. It’s a bit out of the way, but should be worth the extra time.

PETER EGAN
    Spectator

Kevin and all, I’m going to have the time to head up to the Rally a day or two early, how early can we get into the Rally site for camping?
    Who can I talk to about volunteering to help with whatever needs doing? Peter

Kevin_K
    Spectator

I believe I read that the grounds are open on Sunday for camping before the rally at no charge. There is a thread about volunteering in the forum rally page with contact information (apologies for not linking, but don’t know how to get “there” and back to “here”).

Psikosis
    Spectator

My girlfriend and I took 22 up to 199 over through Redhook to Woodstock. If there is a way to do the reverse up to the rally, those roads are beautiful. Also to note, going through north Jersey, you’ll hit bear mountain which has some nice riding along Seven Lakes Drive. You’ll find a lot of bikers there on nice weekends. 9W can be nice once you cross Bear Mountain Bridge but you go through Poughkeepsie, which is your typical industrial/mini-mall town with nothing special. Depending on how far North you go before you start going East, Route 7 in CT is also supposed to be great although I haven’t personally ridden on that one.

-See you up there!

Tinker MD
    Spectator

I finally got some vacation time okayed and we are hoping to get to the rally in VT this year and then head down to the New York area and see some of the kids. We will be coming from WI. Any route suggestions would be appreciated. I haven’t even had time to get a good look at anything yet. We are hoping to be able to camp and any suggestions there would be appreciated also.

PETER EGAN
    Spectator

I’m riding up from NC and I’m going to stop to visit family in Carlisle Pa, then head to the Vermont Rally, can someone suggest some good non-super slab routes from Carlisle to the Rally?
    What would be a good point to cross the Hudson?
    I use to live and ride in NYC, but as they say “bin der, dun dat”, I’ve looked at 81N and then across NY state but that is the truck route which I want to avoid and I wouldn’t mind heading up along the Delaware Water Gap then going across North Jersey unless someone could suggest a better route.
    RD2WK

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.