Rally stops to make near the Western U.P.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  glurkus 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Doglips
    Participant

Copper Falls State Park in Mellen, WI. (Yeah, I know not the U.P. but close enough…)
    Scenic Byway to Black River Harbor out of Bessemer MI – Loaded with short hikes to scenic waterfalls! The Worlds largest Ski Flying facility where you can ride the chairlift and elevator to the top as noted in Bob Alexanders message. There is a private campground on this route I recommend, it is along the Black River and very scenic – Black River Lodge, Proprietor is Paul Anderson.
    Presque Isle unit of Porcupine Mountains State Park, more camping, scenic waterfalls as well as access to Lake Superior.
    Little Girls Point in Ironwood Township. Easy access to Lake Superior. This is along the Lake Superior Circle tour.
    Superior Falls near Saxon WI, this is along the Lake Superior Circle tour.
    The Worlds Tallest Indian in the city of Ironwood.
    The Plummer Headframe near Montreal, WI.
    There are several “hidden” scenic waterfalls in the area that are worth the effort to see that are not noted tourist stops, hit me with an e-mail and I wil reveal where they are.
    The Western U.P. is the Midwests best kept secret, hit me with an e-mail as to your desired outdoor active interests and I can direct you where you can get equipment to explore your favortie activities!

doggettbeemer
    Participant

Other areas to explore when in the UP is Bond Falls located near Paulding. Google it. It’s listed as one of the “best kept secret” spots on the Western Upper Peninsula.

Check out the Paulding Light. [url]www.backwoodswisconsin.com/paulding_light[/url]. If you’d like to stay in the area before or after the rally, I recommend calling Pineaire Resort/Motel. It’s one mile north of the Wisconsin/Michigan state line. If you say you’re a BMW rider, they’ll let you put up your tent for $10 per night, which also gives you shower facilities. Mom and Pop place with several little cabins, priced in the $50-$60 range. They’re real clean. We’ve stayed here before and always go back. The Pineaire is 80 miles from the rally site. 906-544-2313. Works fine for a family too because several of the cabins have multiple beds, etc. He doesn’t charge extra for more people.
    906-544-2313.

Beemer-me-up
    Participant

[QUOTE=doggettbeemer »]Other areas to explore when in the UP is Bond Falls located near Paulding. Google it. It’s listed as one of the “best kept secret” spots on the Western Upper Peninsula.

Will they let me stay there if I wear my New England Super Bowl shirt?

doggettbeemer
    Participant

Sure you can wear your New England Super Bowl sweatshirt. It would be a surprise if it was New York. If they won, you could wear that too!: Doesn’t matter now that Green Bay is done.

Bob
    Participant

[I][B]Please[/B][/I] , the packers were just getting in shape for next year.
    Now for business, how about a stop at Aerostitch as long as we will be in the northwoods? [url]www.aerostitch.com[/url] 😀

glurkus
    Participant

Make sure you take the Gay road (off RT 26 near Lake Linden) into the town of Gay. Stop at the Gay Bar for a souvenir T-shirt (“I Had A Drink At The Gay Bar”) and continue north on Scenic Shoreland drive to US 41 near Copper Harbor.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.