fbpx

Rally grounds layout

Home Forums Members-only forums RallyTeam (private) Rally grounds layout

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ANTON LARGIADER 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

GREGORY FEELER
    Participant

Anton,
    I’ll download this picture later today and mark our borders.

ANTON LARGIADER
    Participant

I updated the picture. At this point I’d like to know:

1) The roadway above the food area seems to run into the fence in the diagram you gave me. How much of that roadway is useful for traffic?

2) Where are the gate openings? For instance, how do the RVers enter the rally site?

3) Do we have the use of the (seemingly sandy) area to the left of the ERC course? How about the parking lot to the far right?

4) Are we doing anything with the buildings and arenas in the far back of the site?

5) What will the large building near the closing ceremonies be used for? And where will the seminars be held?

As time allows keep feeding me info…

GREGORY FEELER
    Participant

[QUOTE=AntonLargiader]I updated the picture. At this point I’d like to know:

1) The roadway above the food area seems to run into the fence in the diagram you gave me. How much of that roadway is useful for traffic?[/quote]

If you are talking the grey road you have drawn above the Beer garden area, that road shouldn’t be used for traffic at all. We won’t be using those buildings back in that area and that road does end at a gate we are going to keep closed.

[quote]2) Where are the gate openings? For instance, how do the RVers enter the rally site?[/quote]

The RV folks will park at the commercial RV camping area I marked – or tried to – on the map I sent you the other day. If you follow the road you’ve marked “Entrance” all the way to the left (north) where it hits the east/west boundary road, there is a gate there where the RV folks will be able to walk through for site access. We really don’t have any good RV parking on the actual site itself.

[quote]3) Do we have the use of the (seemingly sandy) area to the left of the ERC course? How about the parking lot to the far right?[/quote]

That area is a dirt parking lot and I can’t imagine why we would need it. However I do believe it’s available if we want. Same story on the big parking lot to the far right. There may be an upcharge, however, if we use them. We’ve anticipated using a small part of the big (right-hand) lot in front of the Entrance for overflow registration and car parking, but I don’t believe it will be much.

[quote]4) Are we doing anything with the buildings and arenas in the far back of the site?[/quote]

No. But, we should get on the phone together to confirm we’re talking about the same things. I have you number(s) and will try to give you a call tomorrow evening.

[quote]5) What will the large building near the closing ceremonies be used for? And where will the seminars be held?[/quote]

Back to the phone call -not sure what you are seeing as a large building – but if it’s the one running left to right “above” the closing ceremonies area, it’s an open animal barn and we won’t be using it at all.

We don’t have the seminar locations completely nailed down – depends on if they need/want inside seating or to work under an open air cover. We have both kinds of spaces. We can cover that during the phone call.

[quote]As time allows keep feeding me info…[/QUOTE]

Check!

DEBBI HARBOUR
    Participant

I thought we could use the main Expo building (center part) for the closing ceremonies. Not sure if they would charge us to set up bleachers and such but it would sure make a nice area for this.

JULIA SHIRLEY
    Participant

I am seeing an older map of the rally site currently. Do we have an updated one? I also see an area marked for the ERC…however we are looking for a parking lot in the area we can use. What is the status of the area shown on this map?

Thanks
    Julia Shirley
    ERC Chairperson

ANTON LARGIADER
    Participant

Here is an aerial shot of the grounds. First thing I need to know is what the physical boundaries of the rally are.

Ultimately I need to know what are the intended uses of each building and area that we are using. Where is the entry gate, registration, loud camping, etc. We need to label each building meaningfully (the Expo site map has a lot of that already) and deal with access issues like we had in Shelbyville. Let’s try to make the foot traffic flow efficiently.
    [IMG]http://www.bmwra.org/picts/boise.jpg[/IMG]

ANTON LARGIADER
    Participant

This is from last year’s rally… I think you realized this.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.