RA forum vs. MOA forum?

Home Forums General discussion Motorcycle Talk – General Topics RA forum vs. MOA forum?

This topic contains 38 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Beemer-me-up 11 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author

jeremell
    Participant

I’m a member of both clubs and I’m not trying to disparage either club, I’m just curious and was thinking about this. I notice that the MOA has a very active forum and the RA does not. Why would that be?

CTYankee
    Participant

[QUOTE=jeremell »]I’m a member of both clubs and I’m not trying to disparage either club, I’m just curious and was thinking about this. I notice that the MOA has a very active forum and the RA does not. Why would that be?[/QUOTE]

Dunno. Both put out a top notch publication. Not sure why either. I was wondering the same. Maybe they need folks to get more involved and help organize the site a bit. It is hard to engage and navigate.

Jeff Popa
    Participant

Hello all,

I just joined the RA and the Forum. I find this forum is extremely cumbersome to figure out. When I sign in, there are only two listings for the forum, neither seems to be relevant to browsing. For example, if I just want to look at what other’s are saying about their BMWs, how do I do it? I don’t see a link that takes me there. I could do a search, but that is not browsing that is searching. I still am not sure why I have to click on a link for 2007 Rally to see about the 2008 rally.
    Maybe I just need more time on this site, but if anyone would like to lower the learning curve to use it, feel free to enlighten me….

Jeff Popa

CTYankee
    Participant

I understand where you are coming from. There is the need for some TLC in the forum to get it a little more organized. In the meantime, post away in these sections.

Peace.

jeremell
    Participant

Anton Largiader is looking for people to volunteer to act as moderators. As I understand it, the moderators can create the new forum topics, manage new users, and administer the content of the forum. Anton would still handle the more technical stuff. It does require some enthusiasm and creativity, and I would guess, thick skin. You can contact him at [email]anton@largiader.com[/email].

CTYankee
    Participant

[QUOTE=jeremell »]Anton Largiader is looking for people to volunteer to act as moderators. As I understand it, the moderators can create the new forum topics, manage new users, and administer the content of the forum. …You can contact him…[/QUOTE]

Done and Done. I’m kicking around now taking a look at some quick changes. Suggestions are welcome!

Dan Wright
    Participant

[QUOTE=ctyankee »]Done and Done. I’m kicking around now taking a look at some quick changes. Suggestions are welcome![/QUOTE]
    I had a suggestion a while back to create sub sections for areas that had current active regions programs:
    RA Regions:
    Arizona Region, Colorado Region, Metro New York Region, North Carolina Region, etc..
    This could be an effective way for current regions members to find out what is going on in their local area. It could also create the formation of new regions if members saw their area was without it’s own local region.

kbasa
    Participant

[QUOTE=jeremell »]I’m a member of both clubs and I’m not trying to disparage either club, I’m just curious and was thinking about this. I notice that the MOA has a very active forum and the RA does not. Why would that be?[/QUOTE]

It takes a while for them to get going. I think the MOA forum really took three or so years before it really started to roll.

jeremell
    Participant

[QUOTE=ctyankee »]Done and Done. I’m kicking around now taking a look at some quick changes. Suggestions are welcome![/QUOTE]

CTyankee, thank you for stepping up.

Beemer-me-up
    Participant

I am also a member of both clubs and I do spend a lot more time on the MOA forum. The MOA having many more members is the most obvisious answer, plus it has been around a little longer. And with that said, the MOA forum, as busy as it is, is only used by a very small percentage of its membership. I read somewhere what the figure is, but I can’t remember it. AlsoI guessing its safe to say that the figure, what ever it was, would proberly apply to the RA as well as we more or less share the same interest. And with all the duel memberships and a limited amount of time to be on line, for me anyways, Many people proberly gravitate to the busier of the two forums. IMHO. I do plan to start visiting this forum more ofter this year, at least until the nice weather returns.

eap
    Participant

I’ve tried to send emails to the prez and board is the clickable form, as well as, start a thread here, but I get access error messages.

eap
    Participant

[QUOTE=eap »]I’ve tried to send emails to the prez and board is the clickable form, as well as, start a thread here, but I get access error messages.[/QUOTE] i get the following message:

Forbidden
    You don’t have permission to access /forum/newthread.php on this server.

Apache/1.3.37 Ben-SSL/1.57 Server at [url]www.bmwra.org[/url] Port 80

CTYankee
    Participant

[QUOTE=Dan Wright »]I had a suggestion a while back to create sub sections for areas that had current active regions programs:
    RA Regions:
    Arizona Region, Colorado Region, Metro New York Region, North Carolina Region, etc..
    This could be an effective way for current regions members to find out what is going on in their local area. It could also create the formation of new regions if members saw their area was without it’s own local region.[/QUOTE]

Done and Done. Check em out and be the first to post! 😀
    NP

Dan Wright
    Participant

[QUOTE=ctyankee »]Done and Done. Check em out and be the first to post! 😀
    NP[/QUOTE]

Looks great!! THANK YOU!!!!

CTYankee
    Participant

[QUOTE=Dan Wright »]Looks great!! THANK YOU!!!![/QUOTE]

Anytime! Keep the ideas coming!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.