fbpx

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  COOK KENT 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

HUTCHINSON KARL
    Participant

Yes, it does look very good.  I my not opt for all the rider aids, but I agree that BMW’s option list seems well thought out.  This could be the perfect replacement for my R1200ST.  At least it will stop all the RT riders from referring to their bikes as sport-tourers.

COOK KENT
    Participant

[quote=karlh]At least it will stop all the RT riders from referring to their bikes as sport-tourers.[/quote]Hahaha.

COOK KENT
    Participant

Sweet looking machine.  I bought one of the early models, then Chris & Dean at SJBMW built a custom one for me when I donated the engine of the first to their racing effort.  :halo

The weight looks great for a sport touring machine.  Torque of that engine is more than adequate for the weight on the street.  Hoping it handles very well.  A little concerned about the long trail specs, but that could be balanced out by other chassis/suspension dimensions.  Love the extra truss support on the swing arm side of the frame.  I think they are serious on this one.

Visually, it looks good and betting the Akra exhaust sounds good.  Throw in the electronic rider aids package, especially the Pro option & dynamic suspension; and they could have one hell of a winner.  No doubt there will be complaints about the sparse options for sound system, but that can be overcome with the myriad of off the shelf aftermarket offerings.  Also, helps keep the sticker price down.  To me, it is smart to build in those features that cannot easily be added on by the owner (rider aids, dynamic suspension); then leave off those that are readily available off the shelf and subject to numerous industry upgrades (navigation, sound systems).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.