fbpx

R1150R : Any women riders on this bike?

Home Forums General discussion Motorcycle Talk – General Topics R1150R : Any women riders on this bike?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lisa_ST 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

beemrebutt
    Participant

I rode a 1150R for a while and loved it. I’m 5,3 and we lowered it for me. A bit heavy but a wonderful bike. We just traded it in for a F700gs for hubby and I am riding my SV650 all the time now.

beemrebutt
    Participant

I am an MSF instructor and don’t think I would put a new rider on that bike. I just sold mine so know how it feels to ride. That’s a big bike to start on

Lisa_ST
    Participant

Have her contact me if she hasn’t decided yet. I’ve been riding for 30 years and worked at a BMW shop and got many women into different bikes. So this is best explained in discussion how to respond. The R1150R may be a good bike for her…but it may not.

UFObuster
    Participant

My GF wants to get a bike. She has ridden small bikes (250ish) but it was
    12-15 years ago. Recently did the MSF and passed first try. She rides
    often with me two-up on a GS Adventure.

Have looked a lot at BMW ‘F’ and ‘G’ bikes and like the size and weight.
    Recently found a great deal on a 2003 R1150R in great condition well equipped with seat at about 30.3″.

She is 5’6″ and weighs around 130#. Is it unreasonable to skip over the smaller bikes? Any women’s opinion on this. :rolleyes

It may be too much about how much I like it. :biggrin It’s a classic…and I want her to easily cruise with me on the 1200GSA….but too big for limited experience?

Comments very much appreciated in advance

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.