fbpx

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  GREGORY FEELER 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

GREGORY FEELER
    Participant

[QUOTE=mcvirago]Hi there…I’m just wondering if you have an expectation of what the attendance will be this year? What has it been in the past? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Short answer: 2,000+

Long answer: ‘RA rallies have typically been held in the fall and in the “east” (east of the Mississippi) and have run from approx. 1,400 to 1,700. We believe the Boise rally will exceed those numbers for several reasons:

1) the rally is being held in July at the height of the motorcycle touring and vacation season

2) it follows the July 4th holiday and most people will have two “free” days (July 3rd & 4th) for travel

3) the traditional National BMW rally put on by the BMW MOA is in Vermont 3,000 miles away from the west coast and too far for many folks, while others just do not want to travel through the congestion of the north east to get there

4) for the first time ever, the BMW RA and BMW MOA are in effect promoting each other’s National rallies through the Peaks Of America Tour. This unique event will recognize people who attend the ‘RA Rally in Boise, the Colorado BMW Club’s Rally in Paonia, Colorado the following weekend, and the BMW MOA rally the week after that in Vermont. [url]http://www.bmwra.org/rally/poa.html[/url]

Although many people can not make all three events, the POA Tour has generated a lot of buzz in the BMW community, and the exposure of the ‘RA Rally to 39,000 ‘MOA members through a half-page POA ad in the May [I]Owner’s News[/I] will get the word out to thousands unfamilure with our event.

mcvirago
    Participant

Thanks for the info, Greg. I think your reasons for record attendance this year make a lot of sense.

GREGORY FEELER
    Participant

[QUOTE=mcvirago]Thanks for the info, Greg. I think your reasons for record attendance this year make a lot of sense.[/QUOTE]

Time will soon tell! It’s just eight weeks until we begin physically setting up the rally site. Much to do and all the rally elves are all antimated now!! 😮 😮

mcvirago
    Participant

Hi there…I’m just wondering if you have an expectation of what the attendance will be this year? What has it been in the past? Thanks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.