fbpx
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ANTON LARGIADER
    Spectator

They are already sourcing motors there. Kymco (Taiwan) makes the motor for the G450X and Loncin is making the G650 motor.

CTYankee
    Spectator

Sounds like if folks want German made, they’ll need to stay clear of some models…

World economy…the times they are a changin’!

MARK FLANAGAN
    Spectator

[QUOTE=CTYankee »]Sounds like if folks want German made, they’ll need to stay clear of some models…

World economy…the times they are a changin’![/QUOTE]

There was an article in the MOA mag a few years back that listed the country of manufacture for all the major components of the GS. If I rememebr right there were a lot of eastern European sources.

The bike was only assembled by BMW. Made abroad by many sources.

beemerkat
    Spectator

i saw a rumor on another motorcycle forum that there is a bmw / ducati dealer that is saying bmw is going to have or is building motorcycles facilities in japan or china to help keep cost down? say it isn’t true.:confused:

Roy Jackson
    Spectator

[QUOTE=beemerkat]i saw a rumor on another motorcycle forum that there is a bmw / ducati dealer that is saying bmw is going to have or is building motorcycles facilities in japan or china to help keep cost down? say it isn’t true.:confused:[/QUOTE]

I read somewhere, and I can’t remember where, that they are building a plant for auto’s in China, as are just about every major car co. It stands to reason that they (BMW) would want a piece of the bike market also. China’s economy is really taking off, even with the present problems with the world markets.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.