fbpx

Protection for Unscheduled Get-Offs

Home Forums General discussion Bike Gear and Farkles Protection for Unscheduled Get-Offs

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    scooterboy
    Spectator

After being bambarded by the wife and two daughters before going on a 4 week solo trip, I went with the Medic Alert necklace or dog tag type thing. I have to admit that I did it just to keep them quite, but after bumping into a deer in Wyoming (no physical damage) I’ve changed my mind and think it’s a good thing. It has the phone number and web site so the medical staff can get all the information and also comes with the wallet card. I even manage to keep the medication information current.[[{“fid”:”6634″,”view_mode”:”main_image”,”type”:”media”,”attributes”:{“class”:”media-element file-main-image”}}]]

brwwriver
    Spectator

might i suggest the Road ID bracelet from roadid.com Originally designed for cyclists, i’ve worn one for about 5 years now while motorcycling. there are two options, the cheapest puts a select amount of information on the bracelet. the slightly more expensive model (I opted for this one) has a phne number and a website that an Emergency Department physician could contact with all of your pertinent (that you update) medical info on it. Bought these for Christmas presents for my daughter that cycles and runs, as well as several friends that whitewater kayak.

Roy Jackson
    Spectator

Thanks for the info. I will pass along to the members in my local club.

Bright Side
    Spectator

I am an All The Gear All The Time (ATGATT) rider, who has been riding since 1968
    (43 yrs). Yes I have had Unscheduled Get-Offs, I’ve been riding. ATGATT has proven great insurance for me. As the miles and years are piling up, with reaction skills slowing, senses weakening, health concerns growing and being put on a medical drug regiment; I have found it necessary to carry emergency and medical information with me. First Responders, EMT’s and healthcare givers are trained to immediately look for these types of medical alerts. All medical professionals agree that everyone should carry an emergency contact and health information card.

Not finding anything that would fit my needs, I created one. A card that fits next to your driver’s license, holds all the necessary information and is still readable.

This is great insurance and of such great importance*, that I have started a website so everyone can FREELY access this card.
    * The Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) has found that there are
    98,000 preventable deaths a year. The #1 reason for these deaths is the
    lack of documented medical information available when health care is given.
    This becomes even more important when traveling on a motorcycle for all the reasons you can think of or imagine.

Make as many cards as you want for FREE ! Make them for loved ones. Revisit the site and make more as information changes. Put one in your vehicle glove box, on your bike, give them to you emergency contacts, make them for you dentists and doctors, simply make as many as you want.
    [url]www.FreeMedAlertCard.com[/url]
    “This card can literally save your life and it’s FREE.”
    It only takes a few minutes. Don’t wait !
    BE SMART, BE SAFE
    Don’t be one of the 98,000 preventable deaths this year.*

Your FREE card will include:
    1. Personal information: Name, address, DOB and phone number, etc.
    2. Emergency contacts’ that could give permission for care: Names, phone numbers, and relationships.
    3. Doctors: Names, phone numbers and their specialties.
    4. List of medical conditions such as; heart problems, type 2 diabetes, allergies, blood type, etc.
    5. List of current medications, dosages and frequencies.
    This information will NOT and can NOT be stored or saved on any computer or system.
    Your information is safe and secure.

[url]www.FreeMedAlertCard.com[/url]
    Please use this FREE public service and tell others.

To help offset the cost of running this site, offered, without any obligation, are two “uniquely self-designed” items that I personally use and recommend for protection and lower-back pain relief.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.