fbpx

Pacific Coast Highway – LA to Monterey – Recommendations

Home Forums General discussion Ride Reports and Event Planning Pacific Coast Highway – LA to Monterey – Recommendations

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    marchyman
    Spectator

[How do you format a post with paragraphs?   It is hard to read when everything is jammed together. Oh, maybe if I turn off rich text.]

Stop for fuel between SLO and San Simeon (I usually stop in Cambria).  You do not want to pay Gordo prices.

Stop in Nepenthe for at least cup of coffee at the Cafe Kevah. That’s just south of Big Sur. Great views. Do not leave a muffin unattended at your table unless you want to feed the birds.

San Simeon to Carmel is beautiful… and will probably suck greatly due to touresty traffic consisting of many people who have never driven on a twisty road and are in deathly fear of going faster than 22 MPH on the straights or faster than 11 MPH on the curves marked 20. I try to stay off that section of road between June and September. If I have to be on the road in that timeframe I’d pick a weekday.

If you have extra time a Hearst Castle tour can be fun. A good restaurant in SLO is the Big Sky Cafe.

FIAMMA RONALD
    Spectator

Just the kind of stuff I’m looking for. Thanks.

FIAMMA RONALD
    Spectator

I am renting a R1200RT for two days and riding from LA to Monterey next week during a business trip. I have  a good idea of what to see but I will take recommendations for stops, restaurants, etc from anyone who knows this stretch of road well. Thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.