Other members in Central and/or Southern Texas

Home Forums BMW RA Regional Discussions Southern Texas Region Other members in Central and/or Southern Texas

This topic contains 23 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Marty 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

ben721364
    Participant

Am I the only RA member in Central or Southern Texas?

TexPaul
    Participant

No, you’re not the only member, but you and I may be the only ones reading this forum.
    We have several members in the San Antonio area as well as in Austin area. I think part of the problem is that the RA has not been too vocal about promoting thier forum so not many folks are logged on. That and the fact that there are so many BMW related forums that nobody can be on them all so many folks just keep track on a couple.
    There is also the issue that mnay new riders (to BMW) don’t even know who the RA is while almost all are aware of the MOA.

ben721364
    Participant

[QUOTE=TexPaul »]No, you’re not the only member, but you and I may be the only ones reading this forum.
    We have several members in the San Antonio area as well as in Austin area. I think part of the problem is that the RA has not been too vocal about promoting thier forum so not many folks are logged on. That and the fact that there are so many BMW related forums that nobody can be on them all so many folks just keep track on a couple.
    There is also the issue that mnay new riders (to BMW) don’t even know who the RA is while almost all are aware of the MOA.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the note Tex. MOA has done a good job promoting itself, as you noted. I like the fact that RA is more laid back and the OTL has more of the type information that appeals to me. RA is a better fit for me; though there are some things to commend the other club, most notably Paul Glaves’ column in my opinion. Robert Hellman can’t be replaced and we will miss him terribly but I feel sure someone with talent and the grit to continue to keep us informed will step forward; and that OTL will continue in the tradition that has distinguished if for so long.

It sounds like the Rally in MI was a great success. I’m sorry I missed it but decided to go west for the MOA rally next month instead. I think that the RA rally will be in the Southeast next year and I look forward to it.

Cheers,
    Ben

TexPaul
    Participant

Ben,

What do you know of about next years rally. I had to leave Houghton early so if any announcement was made concerning next year, I missed it.

ben721364
    Participant

[QUOTE=TexPaul »]Ben,

What do you know of about next years rally. I had to leave Houghton early so if any announcement was made concerning next year, I missed it.[/QUOTE]

As Sargent Schultz (Hogan’s Hero) would say, I know nothing! I heard something about it being in the southeast, somewhere. It may be strictly a rumor. Time will tell…
    Best,
    Ben

donmitt
    Participant

I have been a member of RA for 14 years but just today signed on line. I live in Bellville, TX so I guess I’m in “south Texas”.
    Don Mitchell
    Bellville,TX

Navy CWO
    Participant

I don’t live in South Texas; but I do live in Texas (near Tyler) and this seems to be the only Texas forum!

Mudbug
    Participant

I live in Austin. Many of the MOA members in this area also belong to the RA.

avidrider
    Participant

I live in Austin as well.

Jeff488
    Participant

I’m in Nacogdoches. Not south Texas, but south.

Bigrider
    Participant

This seems to be an aging (and slow thread) but I’ll add my two bits. I too am in San Antonio.

Dave H

kocook
    Participant

Houston (Clear Lake) area.

Kent
    R1200S

kocook
    Participant

Any Texians going to the RA rally in October?  Post up.  Maybe we can get a group migration or at least share trailers/rides, etc.

Jim Shults
    Participant

Leaving from Channelview/Houston late Thursday and pushing through East Texas as long as light holds out.  Headed Home on Sunday afternoon.  Will be riding as Trailers are for Sissies and Harley Riders.  We’ll push as hard as my riding buddy on his Ultra Classic can be drug along.

txtinman
    Participant

[quote=kocook]

Any Texians going to the RA rally in October?  Post up.  Maybe we can get a group migration or at least share trailers/rides, etc.

[/quote]I’ll be leaving Lorena early Thursday morning. I will probably ride the Talamina Senic Byway on the way up. Anyone wants to ride along are welcome. After the rally will be heading to Alabama for a week.

Mike White

Lorena, TX

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.