fbpx

Other members in Central and/or Southern Texas

Home Forums BMW RA Regional Discussions Southern Texas Region Other members in Central and/or Southern Texas

This topic contains 23 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Marty 11 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

PAUL MULHERN
    Participant

No, you’re not the only member, but you and I may be the only ones reading this forum.
    We have several members in the San Antonio area as well as in Austin area. I think part of the problem is that the RA has not been too vocal about promoting thier forum so not many folks are logged on. That and the fact that there are so many BMW related forums that nobody can be on them all so many folks just keep track on a couple.
    There is also the issue that mnay new riders (to BMW) don’t even know who the RA is while almost all are aware of the MOA.

BEN WHITE
    Participant

[QUOTE=TexPaul »]No, you’re not the only member, but you and I may be the only ones reading this forum.
    We have several members in the San Antonio area as well as in Austin area. I think part of the problem is that the RA has not been too vocal about promoting thier forum so not many folks are logged on. That and the fact that there are so many BMW related forums that nobody can be on them all so many folks just keep track on a couple.
    There is also the issue that mnay new riders (to BMW) don’t even know who the RA is while almost all are aware of the MOA.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the note Tex. MOA has done a good job promoting itself, as you noted. I like the fact that RA is more laid back and the OTL has more of the type information that appeals to me. RA is a better fit for me; though there are some things to commend the other club, most notably Paul Glaves’ column in my opinion. Robert Hellman can’t be replaced and we will miss him terribly but I feel sure someone with talent and the grit to continue to keep us informed will step forward; and that OTL will continue in the tradition that has distinguished if for so long.

It sounds like the Rally in MI was a great success. I’m sorry I missed it but decided to go west for the MOA rally next month instead. I think that the RA rally will be in the Southeast next year and I look forward to it.

Cheers,
    Ben

Jeff488
    Participant

I’m in Nacogdoches. Not south Texas, but south.

PAUL MULHERN
    Participant

Ben,

What do you know of about next years rally. I had to leave Houghton early so if any announcement was made concerning next year, I missed it.

BEN WHITE
    Participant

[QUOTE=TexPaul »]Ben,

What do you know of about next years rally. I had to leave Houghton early so if any announcement was made concerning next year, I missed it.[/QUOTE]

As Sargent Schultz (Hogan’s Hero) would say, I know nothing! I heard something about it being in the southeast, somewhere. It may be strictly a rumor. Time will tell…
    Best,
    Ben

COOK KENT
    Participant

Great info. 

Jim, I am close to you (Clear Lake City area), but may be leaving sooner.   Maybe on the Sunday rebound.

COOK KENT
    Participant

Mike, You going Lorena > I35 > Dallas > 69 > 43 > Talamina > Mena or Acorn > 71 > 80 > 7 > Harrison?  10 hrs + stops?

BEN WHITE
    Participant

Am I the only RA member in Central or Southern Texas?

HINKLE TERRY
    Participant

I’ll be leaving Missouri City ( Houston ) before 4am Wednesday. I’ll be setting up a vendor booth and can do that Wednesday evening. You can camp Wednesday night. 

Mike White
    Participant

[quote=kocook]

Mike, You going Lorena > I35 > Dallas > 69 > 43 > Talamina > Mena or Acorn > 71 > 80 > 7 > Harrison?  10 hrs + stops?

[/quote]

No, I won’t be on I35. I’ll take 31 to 19 to 271 to the byway then the AR roads you mention.

Mike

COOK KENT
    Participant

[quote=realshelby]I’ll be leaving Missouri City ( Houston ) before 4am Wednesday. I’ll be setting up a vendor booth and can do that Wednesday evening. You can camp Wednesday night. [/quote]What are you vending?  :ear

HINKLE TERRY
    Participant

[quote=kocook]

realshelby wrote:

I’ll be leaving Missouri City ( Houston ) before 4am Wednesday. I’ll be setting up a vendor booth and can do that Wednesday evening. You can camp Wednesday night.

What are you vending?  Ear[/quote]

WERKS Quiet Ride Windshields for the 2014 and up RT. Couldn’t find one that worked as well as I though they should, so I developed my own!

COOK KENT
    Participant

[quote=realshelby]WERKS Quiet Ride Windshields for the 2014 and up RT. Couldn’t find one that worked as well as I though they should, so I developed my own![/quote]Saw that you were not showing on the Vendors List.  Fixed it!

Marty
    Participant

Wasn’t here when this thread started… but I’ve been here 5 years now (Chicago area transplant).

Marty
    Participant

Wasn’t here when this thread started… but I’ve been here 5 years now (Chicago area transplant).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.