? on r65 seat removal…

Home Forums General discussion Motorcycle Talk – General Topics ? on r65 seat removal…

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ANTON LARGIADER 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Carvaggio
    Participant

Hey all,

i’m looking to try and remove my seat from a 1980 BMW R65. after searching the internet and finding nothing i thought i’d give this forum a try.
    any help would be greatly appreciated because my next step is to let my hillbilly brother-in-law look at it and that never ends good.

thanks,
    mike

ANTON LARGIADER
    Participant

What exactly is the problem? Won’t open, can’t get it off the frame after it opens, …?

Carvaggio
    Participant

[QUOTE=AntonLargiader »]What exactly is the problem? Won’t open, can’t get it off the frame after it opens, …?[/QUOTE]

the pan is rusted and i wanted to take it off of the frame but just don’t know how. I looked all around the two hinges (?) & didn’t see where it disconnects.

ANTON LARGIADER
    Participant

Different models were different in how the seats hooked on. Early ones had both pins facing rearward and the seats were held on with circlips. They didn’t stay on well, the seat would force the clips off the pins and then slide off backward. Later bikes had pins facing different directions and you have to unbolt one hinge from the seat for removal.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.