October 2011 Issue – Geography Lesson

Home Forums General discussion OTL Magazine – News and Discussion October 2011 Issue – Geography Lesson

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  DHBromfield 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

karlh
    Participant

I received my October 2011 issue yesterday, and as usual it contains excellent race coverage. I especially enjoyed Evan Steel’s article on the 2011 AMA Superbike season. However, Evan and the copy editor need a geography lesson. Macau, home of the Macau Grand Prix, is in China (across the bay from Hong Kong), not in South America.

DHBromfield
    Participant

Karl,

Once again, kudos on your close reading and error spotting.

You are absolutely correct: Macau is an island just off Hong Kong and nowhere near South America. I’m not sure who was responsible for this incredible brain-fart, and it should have been caught and corrected before publication. We’ll try harder in the future.

I’m glad you appreciate OTL’s race coverage in general, and that you enjoyed Evan Steel’s season wrap-up article in particular. We expect more contributions from Evan this year, as he campaigns an S1000RR in AMA Superbike competition with rider Jake Holden aboard. Jake’s the real deal, and with a bit of luck, and enough funding, I would not be at all surprised to see consistent top-five finishes from these guys.

–Assoc.Editor

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.