This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  ALEXANDER ROBERT 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jimsvw
    Participant

[url]http://www.michigan.gov/mdot/0,1607,7-151-9618_11016-190791–,00.html[/url]

I was looking at the MDOT transportation site and found this link. For those who have crossed the bridge before, what does this mean for those of us coming up and over he bridge before June 18th? If traffic will be redirected to the southbound lanes, will the bikes be on the “grate” going North, or on the “paved” section of the bridge?

Thanks Jim

ALEXANDER ROBERT
    Participant

I’ve been across the bridge 4 times in the last 3 weeks. I stopped and was told it should be completed on time. But I’d still plan on having a “Grating Cross” if you’re going north. They have routed the north bound traffic on the right southbound lane which is grate for about 2 miles. I’ve never found the grate on the bridge to be bad for the bikes..just relax and enjoy the views.
    If it’s windy..just be carefull at the bridge pillars where the wind stops for a second. The price of the bridge has just gone up. $3.00 for each bike which is paid on the north side.

Bob Alexander
    Rally Chair
    PS- Don’t forget those “da Yooper” concert tickets!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.