fbpx

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Roy Jackson 10 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

halrkent
    Participant

Hi Scott,
    Welcome to the club!

I’m a new member too. I’m also a MOA member. The RA and MOA rallies are just a week apart. Have you checked out the dates and locations?

Hal

SCQTT
    Participant

Hi Hal,

Thanks for the welcome.

I have been with the MOA for about 7 years and the AMA for about 20.

The MOA guys really pi$$ me off and I have quit only to rejoin a little later. They have some great resources, but the people at times are a little more than I can take. I have been a on-again-off-again MOA member for 10 years or more.

I thought I would give the RA a shot and see how I fit in.

I am really not much of a rally guy.

I might go to the MOA one with a friend (by car) depending on how he feels. He is fighting cancer right now and is in between treatment and surgery. We might do it on a spur of the moment depending on his strength and schedule.

I use to live in MO and have gone to the Jugs-N-shaft rally & the Falling Leaf a few times, but that is about it.

Scott

halrkent
    Participant

Scott,
    I’ve have a family member that had cancer five years ago. Cancer treatment is tuff.
    This is my first MOA rally. The first BMW event I attended was the Spartanburg SC BMW Performance riding school. I really enjoyed the on road rider training.
    I’m retired so I decided to attend both events plus the roving rally in between. My wife rides with me two up. The couple that is organizing the Heritage ride (roving rally) have put a lot of effort into organizing this event. This might be the part of the two weeks we enjoy the most.
    Not many members post messages on this site. Some times days go by without any new post.
    Hal

ackgs
    Participant

Scott I am in the same boat except I did not rejoin over there. I find I did not use the “benefits” so the MOA became a very expensive magazine subscription for a so so newsletter. I really enjoy the OTL – it actually has articles about motorcycles in it. Not as many “what I had for lunch” kinds of things as the “other” newsletter.

Welcome

Roy Jackson
    Participant

[SIZE=”5″]Hi Scqtt and welcome aboard. This site is slow at times but thats the RA. The rally this year is not far from where you are. If you can check it out. good riding [/SIZE]

SCQTT
    Participant

Hi, I’m new to the RA.

I have been riding motorcycles for 27 years.

I have had 9 BMW motorcycles over the last 20 years.

It has been a love/hate relationship.

I live in western TN, but grew up in Columbus OH.

Scott

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.