fbpx

New Member – Why No Michigan Discussion Forum?

Home Forums General discussion Motorcycle Talk – General Topics New Member – Why No Michigan Discussion Forum?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Dutch 11 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

CTYankee
    Participant

[QUOTE=jddlad »]I just joined and wonder how many other Michigan members are out there? Also, must not be enough to start a Michigan discussion forum (but not sure how all that works).

Anyway, greetings from Cadillac, Michigan.[/QUOTE]

The specific forums are related to the BMW RA regions program. There really is a one for one linkage there. That being said, if there are a few of you looking for a forum for Michigan…far be it for me to get in the way. Shoot me a PM.

Dutch
    Participant

Hey all; I was wondering wether there might be enough BMW owner’s up this way to form a club? I see that there are three chapters in the state, but they all seeem to be on the “other” side of the state. Anone interested? Vaya con Dios, Dutch

jeremell
    Participant

You can check for local clubs and contact them. Many local clubs have monthly meetings. Look here: [URL=”http://www.bmwra.org/clubs/”]http://www.bmwra.org/clubs/[/URL].

Also, you can read about the regions program. I’m the WI Region Rep. I guess that I would recommend hanging around the BMW motorcycle community, the local clubs, and RA members and events first. Then you could consider volunteering to create and represent a MI region. The national rally is in MI’s UP and will be a an opportunity to meet RA members and Region Reps.

jddlad
    Participant

Thanks for the club link. I’m slowly learning my way around the RA site.

I just registered for the national rally – looking forward to it.

jjd49660
    Participant

Hey Jim, I’m from Manistee and I had wondered the same thing too.

Were you at the Tech Daze in Cadillac on May 10th by chance? Maybe I met you???

Joe

jddlad
    Participant

Joe:

Yes I was there for a while – not working on bike – just meeting people and watching the work. I was on my yellow 79 R65. Not sure if we met, what were you riding? Sure was nice to find the Tech Daze right here in Cadillac.
    Seems to be quite a few BMW owners in the area.

Are you going to the BMW RA rally in Houghton? I just registered.

Jim

jjd49660
    Participant

I got there kinda late, and was on the blue ’08 K1200 LT.
    There was another guy on a LT too, by the name of Rodger. I didn’t have anything to work on… yet.
    Yes, it was nice seeing so many show up! I had no idea how many might show up. I am new to the BMW line, and new to the whole touring idea.

The Houghton trip won’t happen, my wife and I can’t get away.

You riding the R65 there???

jddlad
    Participant

[QUOTE=jjd49660 »]I got there kinda late, and was on the blue ’08 K1200 LT.
    There was another guy on a LT too, by the name of Rodger. I didn’t have anything to work on… yet.
    Yes, it was nice seeing so many show up! I had no idea how many might show up. I am new to the BMW line, and new to the whole touring idea.

The Houghton trip won’t happen, my wife and I can’t get away.

You riding the R65 there???[/QUOTE]
    No not riding the R65 to rally (its my around town bike). My 04 1150RT is the tour bike. However, probably not riding to the rally as wife, dog and I are combining rally with a 10 day vacation in western UP so will be in the car. I have a Kendon trailer – still debating if I will take one of the bikes along for rally/local touring.

Periodicaly the wife and I ride over to Manistee. There is a restaurant/bar downtown that we like (serves Italian food) – can’t think of the name? We also try to do the Cadillac to Manistee to Frankfort (M22) and back to Cadillac ride once each summer – its a beautiful ride.

FREDERICK CURTIS
    Participant

[QUOTE=Dutch »]Hey all; I was wondering whether there might be enough BMW owner’s up this way to form a club? I see that there are three chapters in the state, but they all seem to be on the “other” side of the state. Anyone interested? Vaya con Dios, Dutch[/QUOTE]

If your name is Dutch, you must live in West Michigan. Check out this club:[url]http://www.wmbmwr.com/index.html[/url]

Dutch
    Participant

Fritz: Yep, I am 100% dutch. I am aware of the WMBMWR, but they are located a bit too far south of me for regular involvement. The wife and I live in a tiny lil’ tourist trap called Pentwater, which (as I’m sure EVERYONE knows) is located 15 miles south of Ludington. I was hoping to find some interest in the Ludington, Manistee, Cadillac area. Thanks for the suggestion though. Vaya con Dios, Dutch

jddlad
    Participant

I just joined and wonder how many other Michigan members are out there? Also, must not be enough to start a Michigan discussion forum (but not sure how all that works).

Anyway, greetings from Cadillac, Michigan.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.