New Member-OTL Question

Home Forums General discussion OTL Magazine – News and Discussion New Member-OTL Question

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  womanridge 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Vaard
    Participant

Don’t remember that in OTL but i remember it in BMW Motorcycle Magazine on their long term R1200GS test bike.It was covered in their winter 2014 issue which i threw away.Their summer 2015 issue had the summary of the long term test which i do still have said that since Feb 2014 the pumps were modified with a different O-ring.Usually the bmw online parts catalog lists the numbers of the new parts supercede by the old parts number.If that’s correct i’m still waking up….hope that helps

Luis Etchenique
    Participant

Is the Nov/Dec issue already out ? 

womanridge

It should go to press next week, then in the mail. I expect it will be in your mailbox before December 25th.

Gobshite
    Participant

Greetings, I’m a brand new member to BMW RA. One of the reasons I joined was because I looked at a couple of OTL magazines at my dealership while getting service work done. I found it to be an impressive publication. My water pump went bad on my 14 GSLC. While reading OTL I saw an article about a review of sorts on the LC (I think it was a GS but can’t remember.) Long story short, the author also had a water pump replaced under warranty. He mentioned that he discovered that the part number on the new water pump was different than the old one as it had an improved o-ring type seal. Does this ring a bell to anyone? I looked at the online OTL issues and can’t find it. It’s possible it was a little older of an issue. I’m trying to confirm regarding a new part number on replacement water pumps.

Thanks, Aaron 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.