fbpx

New Member looking for help on the rally

Home Forums BMWRA International Rally Info Previous years… 2009 Rally – Canaan Valley, WV New Member looking for help on the rally

This topic contains 14 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  ANTON LARGIADER 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Roy Jackson
    Participant

[QUOTE=thechainreaction]Hello, My name is Bill Tanner and I just joined the group and I am planning on attending the Rally In Cannaan Valley. I live in Haymarket Va. Is anyone going from this area? Or any recent info on the rally Camping vs Hotels. Thanks:)[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=”5″]Hi Bill. First off welcome aboard. As to camping or hotel, I guess that depends on if you like camping or not. I’ve done both at the different rallies over the years and, for me anyways, I enjoy the camping more. Either way I’m sure you will have a good time. later 🙂 [/SIZE]

halrkent
    Participant

Hi Bill, welcome to the club. I’m also new to the club. My wife and I are going to camp because we want to meet other members and the camping area is a great place to do this. Either way you’ll have fun. Hal

thechainreaction
    Participant

[QUOTE=Beemer-me-up »][SIZE=”5″]Hi Bill. First off welcome aboard. As to camping or hotel, I guess that depends on if you like camping or not. I’ve done both at the different rallies over the years and, for me anyways, I enjoy the camping more. Either way I’m sure you will have a good time. later 🙂 [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply, I spoke with the folks at the resort and was told that the campsites were full. But that they had a few cancellations at the resort so… I got a room. Can you help guide me towards a ralley schedule? I am thinking about arriving early in the AM on Thursday. How early should I be there? Thanks Bill Tanner

dpryan
    Participant

[QUOTE=thechainreaction »]Thanks for the reply, I spoke with the folks at the resort and was told that the campsites were full. [/QUOTE]

Hi Bill, and welcome! Now, if I can borrow your thread for a minute…:D

This will be my first rally, too, and I’m interested in the resort saying that “campsites were full”. A question for the seasoned rally-goers out there: Does that mean the sites are “reserved” in some way?

I pre-registered and designated myself as camping at the rally, so I’m assuming I should be all set?

Roy Jackson
    Participant

[QUOTE=thechainreaction »]Thanks for the reply, I spoke with the folks at the resort and was told that the campsites were full. But that they had a few cancellations at the resort so… I got a room. Can you help guide me towards a ralley schedule? I am thinking about arriving early in the AM on Thursday. How early should I be there? Thanks Bill Tanner[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=”5″]I’m not sure what they, the resort meant that the camp sites were full unless they were talking about RV campsites maybe? Anyways for the schedule go to the main page and click onto the 2009 rally info .Everything should be there. I’m sure that most of the clubs officers are in Tenn. at th4 MOA rally so I not sure you will get much responce to this thread at this time.
    I alway try to sign up for some type of job when I arrive. Good way to meet some of the othe folks. See you there in a week.
    🙂 [/SIZE]

MARK FLANAGAN
    Participant

There is a campground at the resort. That is what is full. There is a camping area for rally goers. There will be room there for you. This resort is unique in that if you get a room or cabin you will still get the full rally experience.

thechainreaction
    Participant

[QUOTE=MarkF »]There is a campground at the resort. That is what is full. There is a camping area for rally goers. There will be room there for you. This resort is unique in that if you get a room or cabin you will still get the full rally experience.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice Mark, I will keep the reservation that I have. Are you going.

Bill T.
    1997 R1100RT

tmcgee
    Participant

Can you just show up and register on-site?

lineman29
    Participant

[QUOTE=tmcgee »]Can you just show up and register on-site?[/QUOTE]

I too am new and was hoping for the same thing. I will be down there early afternoon Wed and leaving Sat afternoon. I can pretty much help with anything as far as volunteering goes. Registration and the beer tent are the best way to meet people I think.:)

See you guys there.

thechainreaction
    Participant

[QUOTE=tmcgee »]Can you just show up and register on-site?[/QUOTE]

Hello, Most of the folks are already at the ralley in tenn. and at that ralley they have onsite registration, I am sure that you will find registration at command central which is the main resort. I am doing the same thing. See you there. Bill T

97R1100RT

tmcgee
    Participant

[QUOTE=thechainreaction »]I am sure that you will find registration at command central which is the main resort.[/QUOTE]

I pre-registered for the MOA rally, but had to eat the cost since I couldn’t make it. The RA rally might work for me.

MARK FLANAGAN
    Participant

[QUOTE=thechainreaction »]Thanks for the advice Mark, I will keep the reservation that I have. Are you going.

Bill T.
    1997 R1100RT[/QUOTE]

Nope, I went last time, when it was in the Fall. Love the location.

Kenny Gadley
    Participant

HI, new here also. I just returned from the MOA Rally, and plan on leaving Wed. morning for the RA Rally. I looked at the GPS coordinants and they seem vague. can anyone share what they have? thanks Kenny…

ANTON LARGIADER
    Participant

Vague, how so? The rally is at Canaan Valley State park, which is on 32 between Harman and Davis.

thechainreaction
    Participant

Hello, My name is Bill Tanner and I just joined the group and I am planning on attending the Rally In Cannaan Valley. I live in Haymarket Va. Is anyone going from this area? Or any recent info on the rally Camping vs Hotels. Thanks:)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.