This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  BERT BRUMFIELD 12 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

donscoin
    Participant

My idea of roughing it is Motel 6. Does anyone know if riders who opt to stay in motels will be allowed to stay on the estate after the gates close and then leave after the nights entertainment? I don’t want to go all that way to set in my motel every evening and watch the TV. I can do that here. Don

ANTON LARGIADER
    Participant

No prob. As I understand it, we have 24-hour passage on and off the estate. The estate closes to the public at 6 or 7 PM I think (except for dinner and Inn guest I suppose) and opens at 9.

bmwloco
    Participant

There is a Hotel directly outside the gate of the Estate, coming out it’ll be on your right. Quality Inn I think. When the Porsche 356 Estate gathering happened there, it was ground zero.

If you want to stay downtown in funky Asheville, The Haywood Park Hotel is the place to be. Covered parking, walking distance to everything you might want. Bars, food, pharmacy, bookstores, etc. It isn’t cheap, but it’s very comfortable.

BERT BRUMFIELD
    Participant

Anton is right. They have to keep the gate open for Inn guests, so we will have access after the house closes. 😉

Just have to show your arm band to the guards. :rolleyes:

Bicyclist
    Participant

[QUOTE=bmwloco »]
    If you want to stay downtown in funky Asheville, The Haywood Park Hotel is the place to be. Covered parking, walking distance to everything you might want. Bars, food, pharmacy, bookstores, etc. It isn’t cheap, but it’s very comfortable.[/QUOTE]

You’re right, it isn’t cheap! 😮 Got any recommendations for someplace with safe parking downtown that is a bit more reasonable?

George

BERT BRUMFIELD
    Participant

[QUOTE=Bicyclist »]You’re right, it isn’t cheap! 😮 Got any recommendations for someplace with safe parking downtown that is a bit more reasonable?

George[/QUOTE]

Nothing right downtown cheep but a little less expensive is the:

Extended Stay Hotel | Rate $62.99 to $72.99 |
    Quality Inn & Suites Biltmore South | Rate $70 |
    Sleep Inn Biltmore | Rate $70 | Located one block from Biltmore Estate entrance

These are all good values and clean. I have stayed in the Quality inn and have reservations for the Sleep Inn. The extended stay is closest to the dawntown area, about half way between downtown and biltmore.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.