Maybe this will get the site buzzing….

Home Forums General discussion Motorcycle Talk – General Topics Maybe this will get the site buzzing….

This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  beemerphile1 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

moondog
    Participant

Has anyone seen this on the road yet?

[url]http://www.leonhardtweb.de/en/gunbus/design.htm[/url]

The Gunbus 410 cubic inch V-Twin motorcycle is complete. The monster engine placed in a motorcycle frame of comparable size looked impossible and many who saw the photos were skeptical of the bike ever being finished but I guess, Clemens F. Leonhardt is one of those persistent guys who ignores the naysayers and keeps at his work.

The fuel injected, 45 degree 6728 cc / 410 cubic inch V-Twin runs through a 3 speed transmission with reverse and actually looks pretty good in its finished state compared to the initial photos, in fact, everything looks good. It puts out 523 foot pounds of torque. Seat height is 31.5 inches and overall length is 136 inches. It is a little heavy at 1433 pounds (JB: My HD Roadking is 750 lbs) so high speed corner carving might be an issue and there aren’t any photos of the big bike on the road so I guess we’ll have to wait for the road test, that is if someone can actually road test this monster.
    This is actually going to go into limited series production and a sidecar will be available as well which might help with balance when waiting at a light. I don’t even want to think about a driveway tipover.

[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l59/n1hnr94/bigbike2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l59/n1hnr94/bigbike.jpg[/IMG]

Dutch
    Participant

Hey all; I can’t help but wonder if I’m the only one who’s feeling a distinct yanking of my chain? That’s a monster bike if there ever was one!! The cylinders look very much like the heads on an Pratt&Whitney radial engine… Let’s hear it RUN!!!! What would you use for a side car? Maybe a Honda Accord? Vaya con Dios, Dutch

greatpond
    Participant

Kick start I assume

Beemer-me-up
    Participant

Sorry, that bike does nothing for me. 😎

moondog
    Participant

[QUOTE=Beemer-me-up »]Sorry, that bike does nothing for me. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Well it didn’t do much for me either. It’s just interesting that something that big can be imagined and built. Of course you wouldn’t catch me dead or alive on it…!:D

CTYankee
    Participant

[QUOTE=moondog »]…Of course you wouldn’t catch me dead or alive on it…!:D[/QUOTE]

Perhaps not…but without the aforementioned Honda Accord sidecar, at a red light you very well may be found dead UNDER it! 😀

AntonLargiader
    Participant

I guess one can build it (and ride it) just because, but I’d sure rather be on a regular motorcycle if I actually wanted to ride.

Looks like something that could kill you just by falling over.

BamaCMA
    Participant

Two things strike me about this bike.
    1) the way the seat is designed alot of pressure will be on the groin and prostate area making it uncomfortable to ride for an length of time.
    2) I can just see that chain ripping my foot off.

moondog
    Participant

[QUOTE=BamaCMA »]Two things strike me about this bike.
    1) the way the seat is designed alot of pressure will be on the groin and prostate area making it uncomfortable to ride for an length of time.
    2) I can just see that chain ripping my foot off.[/QUOTE]

Ah you don’t need that foot…you got two….:p

The description says it hasn’t been driven so maybe the chain guards are up and coming.

BamaCMA
    Participant

[QUOTE=moondog »]Ah you don’t need that foot…you got two….:p

The description says it hasn’t been driven so maybe the chain guards are up and coming.[/QUOTE]
    I would hope so. Two big chains by each foot…no fidgeting your foot or off she goes…
    🙂

jeremell
    Participant

[url]http://www.leonhardtweb.de/en/gunbus/design.htm[/url]

beemerphile1
    Participant

Look at that little girl sitting on that bike. Children shouldn’t be allowed to play on grown-up’s toys. snicker, snicker

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.