fbpx

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ANTON LARGIADER 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

HUTCHINSON KARL
    Participant

Here it’s already September and I’m still waiting for my July issue. What gives?

Karl

Stagehand
    Participant

Just got my July/Aug issue in the mail a day or two ago. Been a busy summer. I’m sure the volunteers who are writing it are out riding, right now! 😀

ANTON LARGIADER
    Participant

I don’t think I’ve gotten mine either. [rummages through mail] Nope, not yet.

HUTCHINSON KARL
    Participant

[QUOTE=Stagehand »]Just got my July/Aug issue in the mail a day or two ago. Been a busy summer. I’m sure the volunteers who are writing it are out riding, right now! :D[/QUOTE]

Obviously the Postal Service in Poughkeepsie is more efficient than here in Buffalo. The postman gas come and gone and still no magazine.

Karl

WILL GUYAN
    Participant

[QUOTE=AntonLargiader »]I don’t think I’ve gotten mine either. [rummages through mail] Nope, not yet.[/QUOTE]

You mean you’d have forgotten if you’d read it already? Oh, you’re probably hurricane-chasing on your airhead…what about that BMW suit review?

OTL is a huge amount of work, all done basically by two volunteer editors, pro bono. If you want to see it sooner, as I do, maybe become a volunteer at OTL. This is a riders’ club, we ride daily. We also have lives elsewhere and families. If we were just owners, we’d have lots more time to devote to the magazine. If you want everything on time, it takes personnel. We don’t have the Big Club’s budget. We don’t care!

Did you know it takes approximately 80 hours per issue to create OTL? And that’s just the dumb volunteer editor. The guy must have lots of passion and enthusiasm.

You’ll like the issue when it arrives, which should be very soon. It’s in many members’ hands now. I have not gotten mine yet, and I’m on the far left coast. Have a fun Labor Day.

HUTCHINSON KARL
    Participant

Just to close the loop, my July/August issue arrived over the weekend while I was at the Finger Lakes Rally.

ANTON LARGIADER
    Participant

Mine just arrived today.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.