This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  hadababyitsabeemer 12 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

scbmwrider
    Participant

If you are traveling on I26 to the rally here are a couple side roads to help with slab boredom. All directions are written like you are traveling westbound (to the rally) NOTE filling up with gas before entering NC will save you around $.10/gal

🙂 PRICEHOUSE RD / a quiet combinations of country roads ending at a good place to gas up /

EXIT 35 TURN LEFT

GO .3 MI

TURN RIGHT ON PRICE HOUSE ROAD

GO 3.1 MI

(IF RUNNING IN REVERSE THERE IS A “Y” .8 MI FROM HOBBYVILLE RD TAKE THE LEFT SIDE)

TURN LEFT ON HOBBYVILLE RD

GO 3.6 MI

TURN RIGHT ON US 221

BACK TO I26 IN 1.1 MI EXIT 28

GAS STATIONS ETC. AT THIS EXIT

🙂 US 176 (MI ARE FROM EXIT 15) / Mostly multy-lane through some old towns. Landrum, Tryon and Saluda have places to eat etc..

TAKE THE EXIT 15 RAMP TURN RIGHT

3.5 MI INMAN

9.9 MI CAMPOBELLO

14.9 MI LANDRUM (RIGHT 1.9 MI TO I26 EXIT 1)

19.1 MI TRYON (STAY RIGHT TO I 26 EXIT 36 3.4 MI)

THE BEST SECTION (fairly twisty section with some passing zones up the Saluda grade)

23.9 MI LEFT TO PEARSON FALLS

26.6 MI SALUDA (TURN RIGHT TO I26 EXIT 28 1.2 MI)

31.9 MI US 25

YOU ARE ABOUT 25 MILES FROM THE RALLY IF YOU STAY ON US 25

If you want me to send you the garmin route files let me know.

bertbrumfield
    Participant

Thanks Greg. this sounds like a great ride. \\

I am not familure with this particular route, but I know that most of the roads in this part of the state are great.

Pillion
    Participant

When in Tryon, check out Sidestreet Pizza. Hopefully some good buddies from Texas will be able to make the rally. We have some amazing routes mapped out to introduce them to. 🙂

bertbrumfield
    Participant

Maybe we should have all the i-bmw riders meet in the beer tent at 7:00 Friday. 😎 😉

hadababyitsabeemer
    Participant

My wife and I were at the Biltmore in ’04, I-26 is a really nice stretch of road. It was around 8pm on I-26 and the sun was setting just behind the BRM and the clouds were like a river running between the hills 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.