HID conversion or Motolights

Home Forums General discussion Motorcycle Talk – General Topics HID conversion or Motolights

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  BeemerArp 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

BeemerArp
    Participant

I went with the HIDs. from fashtek.com in 4300K.

ANTON LARGIADER
    Participant

I don’t have an RT but for better illumination I would go with the HIDs. For only conspicuity, the Motolights might be better.

BeemerArp
    Participant

I did a Fashtek 4300K hid upgrade to both lows and the high on my 07 R1200RT. Put two ballasts behind the right speaker area and the other behind the left speaker area. I used 3M double sided mounting tape and zip ties … very secure. Very easy plug and play installation with NO CANbus issues. Spectacular lighting … better than expected!

BeemerArp
    Participant

I’ve been wanting to install additional lighting on my bike since the last one, I’m finally doing it to the R12RT. I’m considering adding Motolights ($400) or dual bulb HID conversion to both low bulbs ($200). I could also convert the high beam for $100. So, $300 for a full HID conversion or $4oo for Motolights. For you HID convertees what brand and temp are you using? What to do … what to do … any thoughts?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.