fbpx

This topic contains 19 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  uglybug 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

ANTON LARGIADER
    Participant

[QUOTE=SteveT »]Had to chase them for about 10 miles! I didn’t know those recommended speed signs were followed by you guys! Fast in the straights slow in the turns?[/QUOTE]

Could be anyone, not just Beemers. Generally slowing down for turns is a sportbike or cruiser thing; sportbikes due to lack of rider training and cruiser due to lack of .. well, pretty much everything. Sure, you’ll find some Beemer riders doing that, too. Also you can look at license plates and see if the rider likely comes from an area with challenging terrain. Midwest or gulf coast can be bad news. Sort of like being in the alps, where a Dutch license plate pretty much spells disaster if you can’t pass.

Funny enough, most of the MC traffic I overtook on my way home from the rally was non-Beemer. It was just great riding day so people were out riding.

Roy Jackson
    Participant

[QUOTE=SteveT »] Had to chase them for about 10 miles! I didn’t know those recommended speed signs were followed by you guys! Fast in the straights slow in the turns?
    -Steve[/QUOTE]

Slow in the turns, I dont think so…:cool:

robnye
    Participant

[QUOTE=SteveT »]Well I obviously dont know who it was, but 2 people on what looked like dual sports (BMW obviously), passed my cousin and I in a double yellow when we were test riding one of those curvy roads before we went balls out. I definitely didn’t expect it! Had to chase them for about 10 miles! I didn’t know those recommended speed signs were followed by you guys! Fast in the straights slow in the turns?

-Steve[/QUOTE]

If you felt like you “had to chase them for 10 miles” *after* they passed you *two up* I feel a little bit of a disconnect from “Fast in the straights slow in the turns”. 😉

One of the best things about riding around WV is that if you want you can push pretty hard which *might* mean having to adjust your entry speed to the turns unlike New England. To have to adjust entry speed here means being double or triple the posted speed on the straight.

Unlike the kind officer who gave me a wave instead of a stop in WV, here they’d lock you up. 😮

SteveT
    Participant

I dont know where you are getting “2 up” from, no one had a passenger. My cousin and I were riding the road at a slightly tamed pace making the road was clear and free of gravel the whole way through before we hit it hard. But since someone passed us we decided to go along with them as we knew we could keep up with a couple of dual sports and if there happened to be gravel, they would see it first 😀

SteveT
    Participant

I’m not trying to stir anything up with you guys, but I was on a ride this weekend around the same area as you guy were this weekend. I was with my uncle, dad and cousin. My dad and uncle have Raiders and my cousin an R1. I am a proud owner of a Yamaha FZ1 and we were very curious about a couple of things. The first being, how come none of you wave?! We kept getting rejected by you guys! The second thing we were curious about was why al of you had full gear on? I know its the smart thing to do, but I dont usually expect to see an entire population of bikers dressed in full gear.

-Steve

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.