fbpx

Getting the word out: The Web

Home Forums Members-only forums Region Reps (private) Getting the word out: The Web

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    WOOD ROBERT
    Spectator

Setting about to contact the web principals of a RA chartered local club to discuss a hot-linked RA logo somewhere on their site is definately a worthy project. The approach should be light with an outline of the virtues of associating with a true BMW umbrella club. Chartered Clubs are not mandated in any way to do this. If a non Chartered Club decided to display our logo, the RA Board may take issue with this depending on what implications the display had.

In any event contacting local clubs concerning issues like this is part of what the Region Rep is all about. Feel free to contact both chartered and non-chartered BMW clubs in your region to at least open a dialog. It can only be good.

bw

LAWRENCE STEVEN
    Spectator

Bob,

*That* wasn’t a simple answer. Unlike the RA vs. RAI one.

I understand that Regional Reps should contact clubs, RA chartered or not, about listing BMW RA in their lists of BMW clubs and contacts if RA isn’t already so listed.

Fine for local clubs. Now, who is going to tackle the national Web sites outside of one’s region? Is there someone we should advise of such sites, for a coordinated national approach? I don’t think we want random regional reps randomly hitting on random national sites.

I also appreciate the d[FONT=’Times New Roman’]elicacies regarding any use of the BMW RA [/FONT]logo. I was thinking in terms of a listing and a hot link only. Any logo use should be approved by the RA board and RA lawyers.

Nothing’s simple.

LAWRENCE STEVEN
    Spectator

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=16]I’ve noticed to some Web pages of clubs and rider groups list BMW dealers and clubs, but don’t mention RA. Is there someone to whom one could send advisories of such sites for contact about listing us, or should we just do it ourselves?[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=16][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=16]Ride well,[/SIZE][/FONT]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.