Future of OTL discussion

Home Forums General discussion OTL Magazine – News and Discussion Future of OTL discussion

This topic contains 16 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  ackgs 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

ANTON LARGIADER
    Participant

The editorial in the May OTL asks for suggestions, strong opinions, volunteers, ideas, and anything else constructive about what members want from the OTL.

Discuss.

macfly
    Participant

I just got my first copy, and read it cover to cover. It is fun coming on board fresh with a new editor, and one whose interest is aligned with mine.
    I joined the MOA a few months back, and got their mag, which is very nice as a skim through, but it is really not ‘my mag’. I read every page of OTL, and wanted more.

More Daytona, more WSB, more Nate & Cooper, add in some historic racing plus making our bikes handle better and go faster, and keep it coming!

WILL GUYAN
    Participant

Now we have the Dec. issue, and great strides have been made, in color, cover photos and excellent content. The Austrian tour on the K13GT is awesome, and the DOHC valve adjust article with photos is an industry first! Then, we have the brilliance of David Bromfield and his golden pen and a track day with Kent Cook who gives us good advice (what do you expect from a jet fighter flyer?) on the track, and George Steele, part of the San Jose Daytona 8 Hour winning team (along with yours truly!), shaes with us his track day with Nate (who rode the S1000RR) at Roebling! The magazine is improving with every successive issue! This is just superb! Go OTL! And make sure you plan on being at Miller for WSB Memorial Day 2010! Happy New Year to you all!

marchyman
    Participant

[QUOTE=Adam Arcane »]Now we have the Dec. issue, and great strides have been made, in color, cover photos and excellent content. The Austrian tour on the K13GT is awesome, and the DOHC valve adjust article with photos is an industry first! …[/QUOTE]

Apparently your December issue is a bit different than the one I received.

KEVIN DA SILVA
    Participant

Finally got around to reading mine. Change ain’t necessarily a bad thing though I hope some of the things I enjoyed are kept. So far so good. One of the things I’ve always liked about OTL was the irreverence along w/ tongue in cheek jabs at aspects of motorcycling and/or motorcycling personalities. I don’t avocate for adverserial relations with BMWNA but hope that OTL would still keep them honest. We should be enthusiasts but not sycophants (IMHO). I look forward to the broader range of articles promised, e.g. racing. Didn’t see the ‘Club’ section in last issue. I always got a good chuckle with that.

Gotta say the new editor doesn’t seem to lack in self confidence. Let’s see where it goes.

MARK FLANAGAN
    Participant

I wish I had great words of wisdom, but I don’t. I love RA and love OTL. The spy stuff from Germany is better than anywhere else. Musings from a few opinioned writers are worth the cost of membership. The RA rallies I’ve attended are the best ever (please go back to the fall). A few words about chartered clubs would be welcome.

CTYankee
    Participant

I too love the OTL magazine. I like the articles offering different perspectives and if had nothing but the magazine for my membership dollars, I’d sleep well. I look forward to the new edition each month and feel a bit like a child on Christmas morn when I see it in my mailbox.

Include more articles offering different experiences from members across the country. Consider more ride reports/articles with amateur photos. Racing updates are always good, and the tech articles top notch so I think we need to continue there.

Key is that we seek out folks who are interested in helping carry the load so there is always a good supply of content available come print time.

Perhaps include more routine maintenance updates on different models. Perhaps a gear/farkles review section?

Navy CWO
    Participant

How do you obtain subscription to OTL magazine??

ANTON LARGIADER
    Participant

All RA members get it, so just sign up.

[url]http://www.bmwra.org/membership/[/url] then follow the “Join or renew online” link.

Deans BMW
    Participant

I happen to like the new direction that OTL is taking. As one of the earliest members of BMWMOA, #2794, I like what Will is trying to do. The demographics of the BMW motorcycle buyer clearly indicates Will’s attempt to breath fresh air into the venerable BMWRA organization.

Three cheers and keep it up, BTW I am 67 years old and have a S1000RR on order……..to go along with my ’03 CLC, ’05 R1200ST etc, etc.

Badger
    Participant

Of course you like the direction that OTL is taking. Anyone with a vested interest in SJBMW would be delighted .
    A bit self-serving, no?

Just sayin’.

ROY JACKSON
    Participant

[QUOTE=AntonLargiader]The editorial in the May OTL asks for suggestions, strong opinions, volunteers, ideas, and anything else constructive about what members want from the OTL.

Discuss.[/QUOTE]

Need to tweek the MOA a little more. Watch the responce then..:)

Deans BMW
    Participant

[QUOTE]Of course you like the direction that OTL is taking. Anyone with a vested interest in SJBMW would be delighted .
    A bit self-serving, no?

Just sayin’. [/QUOTE]

I understand what you are saying, but I no longer have any financial intrest in San Jose BMW, however, the current owner Chris Hodgson is a close friend of mine and I hired him as our service mgr back in the mid 70’s and I enjoy traveling the 950 miles to the dealership to for a SJBMW fix……….sigh.

WILL GUYAN
    Participant

[QUOTE=marchyman »]Apparently your December issue is a bit different than the one I received.[/QUOTE]

oops, I meant the January issue…

ROY JACKSON
    Participant

[QUOTE=AntonLargiader]The editorial in the May OTL asks for suggestions, strong opinions, volunteers, ideas, and anything else constructive about what members want from the OTL.

Discuss.[/QUOTE]

Do you want opinions now or after the May issue comes out????

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.