This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Beemerbutt 11 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Marty Cover
    Participant

Is it me or is there a real lack of information on the Rally? Last newsletter was Feb 10th. Other than bands and some camping and restaurant stuff in another thread it seems like we are in the dark.
    Marty
    03 R1150 RT
    03 F650GS

dalemyersmacon
    Participant

I can’t seem to find any recent information on the rally in Asheville either…
    Are we still on for sure??

*SHAG*
    Participant

Pre-Register & show up. You won’t be dissappointed. I’ve been to the last three
    and this one will be excellent also, especially since I’ve never been to Biltmore.

scbmwrider
    Participant

[QUOTE=dalemyersmacon »]I can’t seem to find any recent information on the rally in Asheville either…
    Are we still on for sure??[/QUOTE]

How much info do you need??????:confused:

You know when and where and that there will be a beer tent etc.

I know 2 people who will be there:D

Beemerbutt
    Participant

What kind of information are you looking for? I live here by Asheville, have toured the grounds with the group running the rally and have a pretty good idea of whats happening.

Marty Cover
    Participant

The only info on what is happening I could find was the description of the musical groups who are playing and a geocache ride on the day before the rally starts (in OTL). It would be nice to know what events are happening and when so folks could start thinking about what they intend to do when. Even simple things like when does registration open on Thursday seem to be lacking. Maybe I’m too new to the organization and my expectations are too high. It just seems that with fewer than 60 days to go there should be more information available.

bob.menton
    Participant

[QUOTE=scbmwrider »]How much info do you need??????:confused:

…[/quote]
    Greg, Fred Zust @ Touring Sport BMW in Greenvul wants to know if the RA will have a bike show (vintage, etc.). As you may know, Fred owns this beautiful BMW cafe racer (inspired by the Ace Cafe in London), and he’d like to know if there’ll be a bike show in which he can enter it.

– Bob

bmwloco
    Participant

I propose if you intend to show a classic or “homage”, you have to ride it – with all you gear.

No trailer queens.

bob.menton
    Participant

Dean, Fred Zust once rode his 125 cc Zundapp bike from Cleveland, OH to Alaska and home – then rode the same bike to Key West, FL and home. You know that if he wanted to ride his BMW airhead “L’il Red Bike” from Greenvul SC to Asheville NC, he would. The question is, does he have a reason to do so? Does the RA Rally have a bike show, as the MOA rally does?

– Bob

scbmwrider
    Participant

[QUOTE=bob.menton »]Greg, Fred Zust @ Touring Sport BMW in Greenvul wants to know if the RA will have a bike show (vintage, etc.). As you may know, Fred owns this beautiful BMW cafe racer (inspired by the Ace Cafe in London), and he’d like to know if there’ll be a bike show in which he can enter it.

– Bob[/QUOTE]

Beautiful is not doing Fred’s bike justice:p I don’t know for sure but…

At the Cannan rally the RA had a show.

[IMG]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/49/139958369_34c4272a0f.jpg[/IMG]

In Shelbyville there were some wouderfull bikes but I’m not sure if they had any judgeing or not.

[IMG]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/117/308035332_d6f852cec3.jpg[/IMG]

I think that they were mostly from Bloodworth??

Didn’t make it to Boise last year

I for one would love to see a bike show!

Ridden or not it’s great to see classic bikes. When will 2V K bikes be considered classics:confused:

Beemerbutt
    Participant

The registration hours are Wed 9am-9pm. This is for vendors and volunteers.
    8am-9pm thurs and friday..8am -2pm on saturday. If you want to come in on wed then volunteer for something. It would be much appreciated!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.