fbpx

First Time Attendee Questions

This topic contains 24 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  MEEKER LARRY 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

scbmwrider
    Participant

[QUOTE=roadnwater »]Is there any area for campers towed behind cars on the Biltmore property? If there is how do we make space reservations. Thanks[/QUOTE]

I’m far from anyone who is making the rules, but yes there were campers there in 07. [[{“fid”:”6660″,”view_mode”:”main_image”,”type”:”media”,”attributes”:{“class”:”media-element file-main-image”}}]]

[B]But there was a seprate area to park tow vechiles.[/B]

Tangorider
    Participant

[QUOTE=Debbi Harbour »]We will be posting the information regarding vendors, awards, and schedules as they develop on the rally website. If you are interested in the schedule from the 2007 rally, email me at [email]rallyinfo@bmwra.org[/email] and I can send you that schedule.

Three days? Not enough time!

Debbi
    Rally Co-Chair[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your response Debbi.
    We´ll wait for the schedule to be posted on the rally website.
    See you in June!
    best,
    Marcelo & Lucía.

bmwgreenrt
    Participant

Just a quick Intro, My name is Jim McMains, President of the Asheville BMW Riders. Our club is hosting the RA rally and supplying some of the bodies to make this a memorable rally for everyone. After a little shoulder surgery I am now back in the groove and will try to visit these forums more. I am assisting Debbi with some of her duties 🙂
    For anyone coming from afar and interested in what our area has in the way of activities and offerings (outside of the wonderful rally), please go to this link:

[url]http://www.exploreasheville.com/[/url]

It has tons of info for this area. This website can answer just about any questions you might have about “Asheville”, so please look there first before asking anything.
    One suggestion I can make based on the last rally is, try some of the local restaurants. I had friends come to the last rally and they immediately went to the fast food chains…until I showed them some great restaurants. You can read about most of them in that link. Asheville is also known as Beer Capitol in the USA, and has won this title the last few years. We have many micro Breweries and a few of the top ones. All of this info is available at that link, so take a few minutes or more to browse through it and make your plans accordingly for your visit to the Rally. Don’t forget, you will probably have more than enough to do at the rally itself, but please try to take in some of the Local offerings as well.
    If you can’t find your answer at the link I provided, please feel free to ask your questions. But honestly there isn’t much more info I could give you that is not covered there for “Asheville” with all it has to offer.
    Have a great time at the Rally! 😀

roadnwater
    Participant

Greg,

Thanks for the reply. Good to see campers at last rally so maybe there is hope. I wish someone running the rally this year would confirm as I understand that the camping is in a different area this time. The links on the site under camping, site maps, etc are all blank. It really is about time that info was out there for people making plans.

Wally

[QUOTE=scbmwrider »]I’m far from anyone who is making the rules, but yes there were campers there in 07. [[{“fid”:”6660″,”view_mode”:”main_image”,”type”:”media”,”attributes”:{“class”:”media-element file-main-image”}}]]

[B]But there was a seprate area to park tow vechiles.[/B][/QUOTE]

Visian
    Participant

A significant portion of the area where the tents and RVs were a few years ago is still part of the grounds. This is the area with the rows of mounds… I had my RV park there at the first rally.

The vendors will be that area this time around, and the tents will be in the area where the vendors were the first time. There appears to be plenty of room for vendors and campers, but I am not the official on the subject.

You can e-mail the rally chair at [email]rallyinfo@bmwra.org[/email] and get the right answer. :thumb

Ian

scbmwrider
    Participant

[QUOTE=Visian »]The vendors will be that area this time around, and the tents will be in the area where the vendors were the first time. There appears to be plenty of room for vendors and campers, but I am not the official on the subject.[/QUOTE]

If you look at the [URL=”http://www.bmwra.org/d/”]Rally Site map[/URL] it looks like the electric and camper / RV sites will be along the river on the same side as last time. So far there is no indication of any power on the other side where the vendors etc were last time.

Robert Johnson
    Participant

[QUOTE=Debbi Harbour »]Greetings to everyone and I am happy to hear that folks are coming to the Biltmore Estate. I think Ian answered many questions, but maybe I can help. We are actually camping on the Biltmore Estate. The rally site is the same as 2007, but for those who attended in 07, as you are facing the site, flip it. Where we had the vendors, entertainment, etc last time, was, in my opinion, a better camping area, with more shade and much nicer grass. This time we can use that nice area for our camping and the vendors, etc will be on the other side, where we camped last time. And yes you will be able to park your bike in your camp spot.

We will have a special area with electricity for those who need it for CPAP, etc. And we will have shower trailers, porta potties as we did last time, but we learned a very valuable lesson in 07 and will do better this year.

The site will be open on Wednesday, June 19th to set up and will need volunteers to help out. Volunteer and get in early!

The rally website is almost ready to roll out and will have both the Biltmore Map and rally site map included. Keep checking. And keep posting questions, I am here to answer your questions!

Debbi
    2013 Rally Co-Chair[/QUOTE]

Hi Debbie,
    Just registered and my wife and I are availble to arrive early and volunteer for any dutys that may be necessary. We are coming in our RV with the bike in tow.
    Please let me know who or how to contact the appropriate people.
    Also, we live about 30 miles south of Troy so if we can be of assistance there please feel free to let us know.
    One other question. Is the site pet friendly?
    Thanks,
    Bob

KENT SKOUG
    Participant

:)If you look at the rally map, all of the tent camping will be to the right side of the road. The vendor area will be just on the left side of the road. The RV’s and such will be along the the road to the top of where the vendor area will be. There will be limited electric for the RV’s and the vendors. NOT ALL of the RV area will have electric.

KENT DONALD
    Participant

Given that the Camper and RV section will have electricity, is that where tenting CPAP users
    will be as well? I don’t see a designated area on any of the maps. Please advise.

Thanks to the Rally Staff for bringing this back to the Biltmore and
    thank you for your hard work to make this a success.

scada
    Participant

This will be my first International Rally. I signed up for the camping option.

Are the campsites on the Biltmore Estate itself?
    What are the facilities (bathrooms showers?)
    What time can we start arriving and setting up?
    Can we park our bikes next to the tents?

I am planning on taking 2 weeks off from work and spending at least 10 days in the Blue Ridge Parkway area.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.