April 8, 2009 at 1:29 am #58727MTSwegerSpectator
[SIZE=”3″]On behalf of the [B][URL=”http://blueridgebeemers.org”%5DBlue Ridge Beemers[/URL][/B], RA #37, I invite you to join us for our annual [B]Easter on the Blue Ridge[/B] event on [B]Sunday, 12 April 2009[/B]. [/SIZE]
We will [B]meet in front of the old Howard Johnson’s off I-64 (Exit 99) near Afton, Virginia[/B] (38°01’51″N 078°51’32″W or 38.03075, -78.85871) and head south from the north end (Milepost 0) of the Blue Ridge Parkway [B]at 10:00 a.m[/B].
This is an “unorganized group ride” and people are welcome to join or depart at any point along the way. We will probably drop off the Parkway at US-60 near Buena Vista and again at VA-130/US-501 near Glasgow to enjoy a few of the many scenic roads that cross the BRP. There will be several opportunities to refuel, rehydrate, and grab something to eat along the way. However, many riders prefer to carry drinks and snacks because most restaurants and concessions on the Parkway do not open for the season until May 1st.
Suggested route on Google Maps: [url]http://tinyurl.com/dlthl4[/url]
Blue ridge Parkway info:
– National Park Service ([url]http://www.nps.gov/blri/[/url])
– Blue Ridge Parkway Association ([url]http://www.blueridgeparkway.org[/url])
– Blue Ridge Parkway Foundation ([url]http://www.brpfoundation.org[/url])
– BRP Trip Planner, Milepost 0 to Milepost 140
– Blue ridge Parkway Weather ([url]http://www.blueridgeparkwayweather.com/[/url])
Hope to see you on the BRP this Sunday!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.