December issue was great

Home Forums General discussion OTL Magazine – News and Discussion December issue was great

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  WILL GUYAN 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

DHBromfield
    Participant

Thanks Martin. I agree that the December issue saw OTL firing on all cylinders: good design, vivid graphics and color, interesting content, and a balance of coverage among the many special-interests existing within the BMW community. It really is a testament to the vision, passion and dedication of OTL’s Editor, Will Guyan.

I fervently hope that all RA members receive the December issue in December. I’m in San Francisco and have yet to receive my copy in the mail, even though it was sent out weeks ago.

–Associate Editor

marchyman
    Participant

I’m about 30 miles south of you and received my issue two days ago. I chuckled at each and every holiday gift suggestion. Am I supposed to buy now and save it for the next holiday season? 😉

DHBromfield
    Participant

Well, my December OTL arrived by mail here in San Franciso on Friday afternoon, Dec. 30. It was mailed out by the printer on Dec. 14. That’s more than two weeks to get to my mailbox, which I suppose isn’t all that terrible for U.S. mail during the holiday season.

As for marchyman’s comment about the holiday gift suggestions, I hear you. Ideally, they should have been included in the November issue (which included BMW’s special holiday catalog — thank goodness we all had the sense to get that thing out to our readers in time for holday shopping). Anyway, there was never a realistic chance the December issue would be in our readers’ hands in time for holiday shopping — unless you happen to give gifts on all 12 days of Christmas or all 8 days of Chanukkah. But those suggestions work almost as well as birthday gifts.

gasketdave
    Participant

Hi,
    As a new member and for my first post I would like to thank you for the great coverage of the Hilton Head Concours. A friend and BMW RA member sent his December issue to me and much to my surprise there are a couple of pictures of my 76 R90S at the show. Very nice event by the way. I am very impressed with the content and quality of the OTL. Needless to say I joined up immediately. Great magazine, can’t wait for the next issue. Great web site also

Thanks again
    Dave Harris

WILL GUYAN
    Participant

[QUOTE=gasketdave »]Hi,
    As a new member and for my first post I would like to thank you for the great coverage of the Hilton Head Concours. A friend and BMW RA member sent his December issue to me and much to my surprise there are a couple of pictures of my 76 R90S at the show. Very nice event by the way. I am very impressed with the content and quality of the OTL. Needless to say I joined up immediately. Great magazine, can’t wait for the next issue. Great web site also

Thanks again
    Dave Harris[/QUOTE]

Dave, send the editor (editor@bmwra.org) some hi res photos of your pristine R 90S. Looked great in OTL!
    Let’s keep up the momentum the OTL staff have worked so hard to provide. Probably would make a nice article about the restoration.

Martin C Fischer
    Participant

Loved the content, the color and the quality of the printing, outstanding. Great layout of pages. Keep the good publication going.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.