This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  chewbacca 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

karlh
    Participant

Has the December 2012 issue been mailed?

Adam Arcane
    Participant

Yes. I’m blaming hurricane Sandy. I can’t wait to see it. I hear it’s got some very cool, very seldom seen motorcycles within. I like the large photos.

womanridge

Wow! Got mine yesterday. What great Eye-Candy. Love the Barber photos and I enjoyed the “looking back” on OTL history.

kocook
    Participant

Will, you did a fabulous job once again! Love those Barber photos. Could spend days in his museum, but it holds nothing compared to riding his track on a S1000RR. 🙂

chewbacca
    Participant

Another great issue. The OTL pics are the best of any MC mag I’ve ever had.

Only one real very minor point on one of the articles. On page 54 there is a description of the GPS system. It says that GPS has an accuracy of 9 ft 95% of the time. I believe that the author was thinking of 2d RMS values on differential GPS units normally used for mapping. The normal units used for motorcycles, cars and boats do have enhanced accuracy using WAAS but usually more than 9 ft and how much of the time depends on PDOP which is a kind of measurement of how the satellites are positioned in relation to the GPS device.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.