This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  beemerkat 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

beemerkat
    Participant

so i have my new BMW RA reflective decals where do they go i have a r1100sa with touring bags. do i put one facing rearward on the left bag “Fast lane side” or the right bag “Slow lane side” or do i put them on the sides of the bags on the lower rear portion of the bags…:confused:

AntonLargiader
    Participant

So far BMW has neglected, and I’m sure this is merely an oversight, to specify where club decals must be placed on bikes. If you can mount them (and maintain proof of that) before they correct this, you’ll be grandfathered. Otherwise you’ll have to remove or relocate them!

Seriously, I think I would put them on the back of the bag(s). On the front they just get bug-spattered and grimy. Traffic from the front will see your headlight; I suspect the reflection from the sticker would be lost in that. If you think you’d get some benefit that way (the same way you might from widespread driving lights) then put a sticker on the left bag front (for oncoming traffic to see) and the right rear (for people you’ve just passed to see).

MarkF
    Participant

Is it OK to put a [COLOR=”Blue”]BMWRA[/COLOR] sticker on a [COLOR=”Red”]Ducati[/COLOR]?

Beemer-me-up
    Participant

[QUOTE=MarkF »]Is it OK to put a [COLOR=”Blue”]BMWRA[/COLOR] sticker on a [COLOR=”Red”]Ducati[/COLOR]?[/QUOTE]

😮 Only if its under the seat haha 😎

beemerkat
    Participant

[QUOTE=AntonLargiader »]So far BMW has neglected, and I’m sure this is merely an oversight, to specify where club decals must be placed on bikes. If you can mount them (and maintain proof of that) before they correct this, you’ll be grandfathered. Otherwise you’ll have to remove or relocate them!

Seriously, I think I would put them on the back of the bag(s). On the front they just get bug-spattered and grimy. Traffic from the front will see your headlight; I suspect the reflection from the sticker would be lost in that. If you think you’d get some benefit that way (the same way you might from widespread driving lights) then put a sticker on the left bag front (for oncoming traffic to see) and the right rear (for people you’ve just passed to see).[/QUOTE]

good idea front left bag but i am running a trio of light full time up front i think if they dont see those i am doomed from the start.

i like the right rear it would be more visible to vehicles on my right while perusing the carpool lane!:D thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.