This topic contains 61 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  PaulZ 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • Author

CHUCK AUCKERMAN
    Participant

That tent camping area photo ([url]http://bmwra.org/rally/camping.html[/url]) sure brings back memories of past RA Rallies. Was that pic before or after the deluge?

MARK FLANAGAN
    Participant

[IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/markkf63/RA%20in%20WV%202004/Imgp1619.jpg[/IMG]

Drying out in 2004. The Walmart tent was perfect!

PaulZ
    Participant

You will see these two bikes at the rally … beautiful ride to the top in May.

MARK FLANAGAN
    Participant

Yeah! Great locale. Should be even better without a hurricane.

Unfortunately, I can’t attend for the same reason I no longer attend MOA rallies – Summer months are for family. I’ve said I prefer Fall but I would have made it in May or June.

It should be very successful so close in time and distance to the MOA rally. I hope it is and that you all have a great time. [B]Ride Smoke Hole Rd!!![/B]

OldBMWMaster
    Participant

Barbie and I enjoyed the RA at the Biltmore House in Asheville and we are looking forward to this one. Hope to see some old friends. As usual, we can work the rally.

DAN WRIGHT
    Participant

Excellent choice!!

GREGORY FEELER
    Participant

This is an excellent location, and the timing with the BMW MOA rally should give a lot of riders some great options next summer. Here’s to a very successful rally for the BMW RA!

THOMAS BUTTARS
    Participant

Great! Two rallies for the same cross country trip. I’m IN!

tb

Ian Schmeisser
    Participant

oh, i sure hope i can pull this off.

can’t imagine a better way to spend a couple of weekends with several weekdays full of VA and WV roads in between!

ian

Dutch
    Participant

YES!!! Great riding all through this area, might be a bit hot that time of year, but what the heck!! Best of all, I can mooch off not one, but 2 of my children for room and board!! Outstanding!!! Looking forward to this summer for sure! Vaya con Dios, Dutch

MTSweger
    Participant

[QUOTE=AntonLargiader]Our 2009 Rally is going to be in the same locale as 2004. That is Canaan Valley, WV. The dates are July 23 to July 26, 2009.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Anton. This is great news! Two national events on consecutive weekends and both located in superb riding country! Doesn’t get much better than that. ๐Ÿ˜€

-MTS

Mike Sweger
    Charlottesville, Virginia
    2004 K1200GT
    1991 K1 “blauerblitz”

RANDY BORIS
    Participant

Great! And Ian and Tom (and anybody else out there), sounds like a great place to smoke some fine cigars.

MdRT
    Participant

Looking forward to my first RA rally ever!

TIMOTHY BARD
    Participant

Sounds like so far the majority like the consecutive weekends with the MOA rally idea. Sucks for me though. My wife cannot take more than one week at a time off work. Choices, choices, it’s one or the other rally for us. ๐Ÿ™

jeremell
    Participant

[QUOTE=beemerphile1 ยป]Sounds like so far the majority like the consecutive weekends with the MOA rally idea. Sucks for me though. My wife cannot take more than one week at a time off work. Choices, choices, it’s one or the other rally for us. :([/QUOTE]

The wife doesn’t HAAAAAAVE to go along…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.