fbpx

This topic contains 17 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  K12RiSING 12 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

gigantor
    Participant

Hey,

Do we have any intel on the camping facilities? My biggest question would be centered around [B]shade [/B]- is there any? :confused:

Will there be any indoor [B]showers [/B]and [B]bathrooms [/B]or will it all be trucked in? :confused:

I’m really looking forward to this rally. Ok, sure, it’s single digits here in NY and my electric heating isn’t working so I’ve been grounded for two weeks as I try and sort it out. But I think it’s more than that. I had a pretty good time at Shelbyville. I didn’t have as good a time in Vermont last year but that was prolly my fault – spent too much time volunteering w/ Bob & Naomi w/ the vintage bikes. Anyway, time to start dreaming. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Wandrr
    Participant

My wife and I will be camping and wondered if there will be breakfast and/or coffee offered at the rally site. Tough to get going without the morning coffee. With the limited space on the LT for two up and gear it helps to conserve space without bringing coffee fixins.
    WANDRR

ANTON LARGIADER
    Participant

Coffee will be offered at Rally Central, catered by the estate. I’m not sure if breakfast will be available at Rally Central itself, more likely you would go up to one of the restaurants which are about a half mile away. Ride or take the rally bus.

Hotsauce
    Participant

I understand that Biltmore will have Breakfast Lunch and Dinner available and snacks in between. Don’t know what the cost will be. Hopefully it will be reasonable.

BERT BRUMFIELD
    Participant

Food and coffee WILL be available at the rally area.

dalemyersmacon
    Participant

I had to cancel my reservations at Corner Oak Manor, a Bed and Breakfast near the rally in Asheville. If you need a room call:
    888-633-3525
    I know most of Asheville is booked so hopefully someone can use this reservation.
    Dale

K12RiSING
    Participant

More camping questions. I’m going to be a late arrival and I didn’t pre register. Will I be able to arrive in the wee hours of the morning (1-3am). Can I set up a tent at that hour? How far will I have to lug my stuff or will I be able to park next to where I set up? I’m coming from upstate NY and I’m slabbin it just to get there in one shot. This is my first post/rally try and be kind if it shows up in the nether regions of this board. Thanks. Peace all, Garson. 99 K RS Silver/Blue

FREDERICK CURTIS
    Participant

[QUOTE=gigantor ยป]Hey,
    Do we have any intel on the camping facilities? My biggest question would be centered around [B]shade [/B]- is there any? :confused: [/QUOTE]

After sunset, It is all shade. :rolleyes:
    Fritz

KENNITH OSBORNE
    Participant

[QUOTE=gigantor ยป]Hey,

Do we have any intel on the camping facilities? My biggest question would be centered around [B]shade [/B]- is there any? :confused:

Will there be any indoor [B]showers [/B]and [B]bathrooms [/B]or will it all be trucked in? :confused:

I’m really looking forward to this rally. Ok, sure, it’s single digits here in NY and my electric heating isn’t working so I’ve been grounded for two weeks as I try and sort it out. But I think it’s more than that. I had a pretty good time at Shelbyville. I didn’t have as good a time in Vermont last year but that was prolly my fault – spent too much time volunteering w/ Bob & Naomi w/ the vintage bikes. Anyway, time to start dreaming. :o[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed Shelbyville also but I think this one will be much better and more like Birmingham. It is at the perfect time of year for the gardens and temperature.

hadababyitsabeemer
    Participant

What area of the grounds will the camping be held?

oilhead05rt
    Participant

I emailed the rally chair and she sent me the following info regarding restrooms and showers:

“We will have restroom/shower trailers on the rally site. We will be tracking the pre-registration numbers and have made provisions to add additional shower trailers if warranted. In addition, there will be porta potties located in strategic areas in the camping area.

Even though Biltmore wasn’t made for tent camping, they’ve done a great job in providing the necessary water and electricity for us to have these facilities.”

I’m not familiar with “restroom/shower trailers” but I assume they will be clean and with hot water.

bmwloco
    Participant

There’s always the French Broad River.

Jump in, scrub off with sand, rinse.

Native Americans did it there long before George Vanderbilt decided to build the estate.:D

oilhead05rt
    Participant

The water in the French Broad is ice cold even in August.:eek:
    Adds even more meaning to the term “shrinkage”.;)

BERT BRUMFIELD
    Participant

[QUOTE=oilhead05rt ยป]I’m not familiar with “restroom/shower trailers” but I assume they will be clean and with hot water.[/QUOTE]

These are shower stall/dressing room booths mounted on flatbed trailers with built in water tanks generator and source of heat. They are commercially available in limited numbers and are used most often in the western US for large forest fires to support the hundreds of firefighters called in to a wilderness area to fight the fires. They have been used ar BMW rallies in the past and are great.

They will be as clean as the people who use them in front of you [And BMW people are always considerate, aren’t we?] ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜€

oilhead05rt
    Participant

Thanks for the info Bert, I’ll look forward to checking them out.

And we [U]are[/U] a very considerate clan!;)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.