fbpx

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  PRETZL ANDREW 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

GORE MICHAEL
    Participant

I bet he wishes he never soldout to HD. I am sure he is well off, but guys like him the money is not the issue it is the passion for what he did. I know the early years of Buell were a mixed bag of quality but at least he tried with some decent effort.

My guess is the bean counter figured they were not making enough per bike. like they do on a HD. 50 year old designs with platinum prices I guess make more for the share holders.

I hope eric goes out and tries it again. that is a company I would invest in, just because I like a guy with his attitude.

Dutch
    Participant

Hey all; H.D. issued a statement last week that basically says that they are going to concentrate on there “core market” I.E.; push rod engines in cruiser and dresser forms. Seems to me that they are taking a big step backwards, but this is what their managment sees as their bread and butter. Sad… Vaya con Dios, Dutch

GORE MICHAEL
    Participant

Another rumor had to do with buells new rotax powered bike beating a v-rod powered bike in some sort of pro stock class. not sure all of the details.

The irony here here is due to the motor companies strong encouragement of rule changes at the AMA in the flat track racing arena all the other brands just dropped out over time. and hence the sport is on life support.

Got the infor from a guy who just boght 2 of the rotax powered Buells for $6,500.00 each! New out the door plus tax etc…

Dutch
    Participant

Hey all; Yes the Buells and the V-rods are the bikes to beat in the NHRA pro stock motorcycle class. I don’t follow that sport all that much, so I can’t say if one is faster then the other, but they are both very competative. As far as flattrack goes, there has been a resurgence of late (due to some recent rule changes) of different brands. (including our own BMW.) Harley is dumping the Buells at bargin basement rates right now, wish I had a few bucks to invest in a couple of them…We’ll have to wait and see who picks up the remains. Vaya con Dios, Dutch

DOGGETT MARK
    Participant

From today’s Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

Let’s Ride
    The Journal Sentinel’s Rick Barrett is the proprietor of this online hangout for Harley enthusiasts and anyone else interested in the motorcycle industry and culture.
    End of the line: The last Buell donated to a museum
    By Rick Barrett of the Journal Sentinel
    Dec. 18, 2009

The final Buell motorcycle produced at the company’s East Troy factory — a 2010 Buell Lightning XB12Scg — has been donated to the Barber Motorsports Museum in Leeds, Ala., along with several other models from the company’s 26-year production history.

A total of 12 bikes were donated to the collection, including a 1996 S3T Thunderbolt, a 1999 X1 Lightning, several clay model prototype mock-ups, and a pair of modified motorcycles used by stunt riders Craig Jones and Bubba Blackwell.

“We’re very pleased to be able to add to the Barber Museum’s already extensive collection of Buell motorcycles,” said Jon Flickinger, president and chief operating officer of Buell Motorcycle Company.

PRETZL ANDREW
    Participant

Kinda interesting the last Buell made didn’t land @ the HD museum….

DOGGETT MARK
    Participant

Harley Davidson has decided to close down the Buell Motorcycle line.

[url]http://www.buell.com/en_us/[/url]

You really feel Eric’s pain.

MARK FLANAGAN
    Participant

Please, please, please sell the rotax motor and Erik’s designs to Victory or Can-Am!!!

Dutch
    Participant

Yes!! That’s a great idea!! Can you imagine what CAM-AM could do with that engine? They already use a rotex V twin in their trike, with the Buell engine we could se a whole new ball game in the sport bike field. Harley alweays treated Buell like a ugley stepchild (atleast in my opinion) and never gave the brand a chance to be what it could have been. Let someone else try!! Vaya con Dios, Dutch

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.